Former Jacket - Jaybo Shaw

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
It has always puzzled me why guys coach positions they didn't play in school.

Coaches can study and observe and over time can learn to proficiently coach other positions, but I know from experience you are always more confident coaching what you played....because there is nothing like first hand experience. Coaches tend to coach what they know as opposed to what is trendy. CPJ coaches the triple option because that is what he knows, probably better than anyone else. Roof played and coaches aggressive defense because that is what he knows best. Jaybo may be a great WR coach but I would think it would take time, as a young coach, to become proficient coaching a position you did not play.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I thought Jaybo followed Monken up to Army? I guess being a full position coach is better than a quality control guy.

Man that dude took some nasty hits for GT. Good luck to him.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought Jaybo followed Monken up to Army? I guess being a full position coach is better than a quality control guy.

Man that dude took some nasty hits for GT. Good luck to him.

I didn't think Jaybo would survive 4 years at GT. He had two or three concussions. He did well at Georgia Southern and I hope he has a long career coaching.