Former GT Players

JacketFan137

Banned
Any shame in losing to NC? Inquiring Gopher interested in another ACC team's opinion...

They played solid as far as this one is concerned. Thought going in we could run with them but obviously not.
their qb is projected to be one of the first off the draft board and they have recruited at a high level for a few years now. i wouldn’t say that they are national title contenders but could probably win the acc. not a bad loss by any means

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Any shame in losing to NC? Inquiring Gopher interested in another ACC team's opinion...

They played solid as far as this one is concerned. Thought going in we could run with them but obviously not.

Per the 247 talent composite, they are the 17th most talented roster in the nation. They've been recruiting really well, and Mack Brown isn't a bad coach by any stretch of the imagination. When they execute they can play with almost anyone in the nation. Their biggest issue the past few years has been the fact that they haven't executed well.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

No shame at all. You lost to an ACC team. Just be happy you're in the B1G and don't have to deal with the week-to-week grind of the ACC. We only lose OOC when we're disinterested a la GT @ Ole Miss. Whenever we "want to be there" the ACC rolls anything in its path.

If we say this enough times it becomes true, right?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

Former GT WR McCollum torched your guys big time. Maye is a really good QB. Their DL destroyed South Carolina in the first game and got to Rattler all game. UNC is a pretty darn good team this year.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
No shame at all. You lost to an ACC team. Just be happy you're in the B1G and don't have to deal with the week-to-week grind of the ACC. We only lose OOC when we're disinterested a la GT @ Ole Miss. Whenever we "want to be there" the ACC rolls anything in its path.

T-ball shot on that one. Looks like a HR to the upper center field deck at Truist Park. Made my day.

Thanks 'Cuse! On to a B1G lightweight in Northwestern...:DBilld.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Mr. Dime a Dozen might be somewhat underrated.
Singleton had 97 yards against Ole Miss. Our WRs did not take a hit when he left as we are a top 10 offense. Definition of a dime a dozen. Now losing a Keion White? It shows tremendously. Some do not understand that statement and think it’s a slight at a player

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Singleton had 97 yards against Ole Miss. Our WRs did not take a hit when he left as we are a top 10 offense. Definition of a dime a dozen. Now losing a Keion White? It shows tremendously. Some do not understand that statement and think it’s a slight at a player

I get your overall sentiment. I’d love to still have Nate but I think not having Stone, Ivey, Dominick and Walton is hurting us worse.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I get your overall sentiment. I’d love to still have Nate but I think not having Stone, Ivey, Dominick and Walton is hurting us worse.

People think i am dissing Nate. I am simply saying he is easily replaced in todays game. We currently have 5 WRs with his same skill set. Malik Rutherford looks just like him out there playing. Nate is not the difference in Georgia Tech winning 6 games and 9 games.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I get what you're saying. Guess I took it the wrong way. My bad. Still think McCollum might end up playing on Sundays, though. He's a gamer.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
People think i am dissing Nate. I am simply saying he is easily replaced in todays game. We currently have 5 WRs with his same skill set. Malik Rutherford looks just like him out there playing. Nate is not the difference in Georgia Tech winning 6 games and 9 games.
Nate is better than any of our current receivers. Singleton has a celing as high or higher. Nate was by far our best offensive player last year on a team with a terrible offense.

Losing White is a far more impactful loss without a doubt.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

And THAT’S how to spin the SEC way.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He is getting targeted by UNC offense and since Maye is a high profile QB, he also gets visibility to the pro scouts. He is this years version of Downs. I hate it when we go up against our former players that were starters (not backups). A lot of our transfers were not starters where they came from. They did come from high profile programs though.
Yeah, I get what you're saying. Guess I took it the wrong way. My bad. Still think McCollum might end up playing on Sundays, though. He's a gamer.