Former GT Players

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
As I've mentioned before, Sims must be a fantastic practice player. Surely the Nebraska coach looked at his game film. Huge mistake making him the starter. He just cannot perform in game situations.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Many of you know I’m married to a Cornhusker. I had the same misgivings as many of us had when Rhule got Sims to transfer in.

I was hopeful all the head case stuff might work out under a new coach. Now, two games in, I’m not sure whether to be ticked off at Matt Rhule or at the Nebraska program in general for making me watch another year of him.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Did anyone watching NE game see that Simms leads all current P5 qbs in turnovers with 35 and that was before his fumble at the snap

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
The Gophers barely beat Nebbie last week so no gloating here. However, Sims today was bad until he was good for a minute then bad again. Sorry ThatGuy, but this is going to be a tough sled this year.

That offered, Nebraska fans are a dedicated bunch. Even after what they've endured now for a while, they still travel well and are just waiting for "it" being losing to end.

There's a fan/YouTube guy named Jon Johnston who runs a site called Corn Nation that is a hoot when they lose. I only bring him up to GT Nation as he has your former QB being offered as Nebraska's only hope at QB at least for this year. Here's his channel after today's game against the Buffs...he can be very entertaining and knows his stuff...here's his link for today's game:

Good luck ThatGuy from here for both the Huskers and Georgia Tech.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Lots of our former players making plays elsewhere. Good for Demetrius Knight. He is going great in Charlotte. This week we will see several of our former players that are 'alums' trying to beat their alma mater.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Sims is a perfect example of how underrated and important..... the area above the shoulders is. Measurables lead to a lot of recruiting mistakes....i.e. Godsey vs Sims or Hamilton vs Bilbo.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
In many ways, I think Sims was and is misused. Why he needs is a coach ho will take him aside and say, "Son, you are a running QB who can throw. We are going to put in the same O that Caldwell uses and teach you how to work it. You, both, need to get it through your head that you are going to run and you are going to get hit. We'll help by putting you in an O where the D can't tee off on you without getting burned. Now, get out on the field!"

But no coach does that. They look at his arm and release and think they have another Namath on their hands. But he simply isn't an adequate drop back QB. H could be a great run/pass option or disguised veer (that's what Caldwell uses) QB.