Forget chaos: Coastal is between Duke, GT

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
FSU has played so many close games because the ACC is the best conference in college football and they have played the toughest schedule.

Of course, I am not allowed to make such a claim because it does not fit the "obvious SEC superiority" meme. However, both views have the same amount of reasoned warrant behind them.

thwuga

Georgia Tech Fan
This UNC-Dook game tomorrow night may be the biggest game for Tech since the Orange Bowl in 2009-10 and I don't see much being talked about on here. So weird.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
This UNC-Dook game tomorrow night may be the biggest game for Tech since the Orange Bowl in 2009-10 and I don't see much being talked about on here. So weird.
what are we supposed to say beyond Go Heels! I'm not going to analyze the rosters of two teams I pay very little attention to, to break it down. I've seen some good out of conference opponent comparisons that give me hope for a Heels victory, plus I think extra juice always benefits defenses more than offenses, but I still think Duke will probably pull it out. I give them a 62% chance of victory.

Animal02

Banned
UNC has to win one more. either dook or ncsu. probably easier to beat ncsu this season. but we've somehow lost two in a row to dook, so a chance for revenge and ending their ACCCG hopes are two real motivating factors.
We have not lost two in a row to Fluke....we beat them 38-14 last year. They got lucky last year in the second half of the season playing teams with injuries to win the coastal

heeled soul

Georgia Tech Fan
what are we supposed to say beyond Go Heels! I'm not going to analyze the rosters of two teams I pay very little attention to, to break it down. I've seen some good out of conference opponent comparisons that give me hope for a Heels victory, plus I think extra juice always benefits defenses more than offenses, but I still think Duke will probably pull it out. I give them a 62% chance of victory.

UNC's defense is statistically atrocious. so, a mistake free football team like dook should be able to put up a bunch of yards and points. that's probably a given.

but UNC will go as far as marquise williams will take us.

UNC wins this game if marquise can replicate his form from clemson, notre dame, GT and pitt games.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Florida State has played so many close games this season that it may seem silly to suggest it would have a cakewalk against any opponent in the ACC title game. But Georgia Tech, with its triple-option offense, would pose a greater threat to FSU than Duke would with only a week to prepare. And this UNC-Duke game will essentially decide the ACC Coastal. If Duke loses, Georgia Tech wins the division. If the Blue Devils win, they would need only a home victory over lowly Wake Forest next week to clinch a spot in the title game. In other words, Noles fans should be rooting for Duke. Fans of teams that would benefit from a Florida State loss should be rooting for North Carolina.

insider.espn.go.com/blog/acc/post?id=77383

Fans of other teams? Like most of the SEC! And the SEC fans / sportswriters / ESPN would play GT up since they want more SEC teams in the top 4.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UNC's defense is statistically atrocious. so, a mistake free football team like dook should be able to put up a bunch of yards and points. that's probably a given.

but UNC will go as far as marquise williams will take us.

UNC wins this game if marquise can replicate his form from clemson, notre dame, GT and pitt games.

You don't realize how much many GT fans despise Fluke this year after LeVon (sic?) intentionally injured our QB by twisting his leg after the play. Plus Cutcliffe insulted our program and school. Fluke has no place in CFB top 40 and UNC needs to show them that tomorrow night!

Go Heels.