Foreign policy changes

LibertyTurns

Banned
Say what you want but the old tweeter in chief is changing the paradigm internationally. We used to get walked all over. Now we’ve got multi-lateral support for sanctions against North Korea for the first time in nearly 3 decades, we’re seeing evidence of support for rolling back the disastrous Iran deal that funded the jihadis, and ISIS is on the run in Syria when the elites thought nothing could be done except pacify them. The apology tour is over, the soft policies by the Bushes are in the rear view mirror & the Clinton appeasement approach has been run off the face of the earth at least for the time being. It appears that the “spoiled toddlers” in the international community are acting out much like the coddled children they’ve been for a long time and reality is starting to set in.

I personally hate his tweets and wish he was a lot less volatile, but maybe his brash brand of diplomacy is what we needed after 3 decades of becoming increasingly emasculated? Thoughts?

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...adise-is-fighters-end-up-in-mass-graves-.html

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think he could have sent that same message and still framed it in a "more presidential" manner. That's unfortunately not his style.

I am glad he has put other nations on notice that we are no longer interested in carrying all of their water for them.

DPRK and Iran will continue to be huge problems for the foreseeable future. We can only do so much unilaterally, short of military action. We need to be real clear with Russia and China that we observe their contributions to those nations' weapons programs as direct involvement in any future hostile actions initiated by either.

Are the possible implications of that scary as hell? Absolutely. So is sitting back, not doing anything, and allowing Russia and China to use either or both as proxies against us.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I think we all wish he presented things in a "more presidential" manner and with less "look at me" .

With that, I agree that it is about time that we, the United States of America, stand up better for our benefit instead of acquiescing to everyone else. Then being expected to make things right, i.e. be hold the bag /cash purse, to bail everyone else out.

This holds true for many of our social policies too.