For Thack to get out of dog house

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Smartest kid in the dumb class is still the valedictorian. Thack leads the pack. If I was him I'd peddle myself when the market is still at least lukewarm. High earning years are hard to come by.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I do not think our defense played great yesterday. They were constantly put in bad field position by the offense and given no time to rest. They did hold up when they needed to, but they also missed a bunch of tackles and allowed UVA to move the ball down field. Compared to our offense they were spectacular. Compared to how they played against Duke and Pitt, they were meh.

The Iceeater Thack doghouse scale is great, attaboy, so so, and aw shxx.

I think 3 forced turnovers including a pick six warrants more than meh aka so-so. Solid attaboy performance for me. Although I do understand why most GT faithful are struggling to hand out accolades today.

CEB

Helluva Engineer

I think 3 forced turnovers including a pick six warrants more than meh aka so-so. Solid attaboy performance for me. Although I do understand why most GT faithful are struggling to hand out accolades today.
Well, if our “attaboy” came in a loss to UVA, that’s a bad sign.
UVA missed two makable FG, an extra point and flat out dropped an uncontested TD. UVA had a lot to do with how good we looked. If they make those plays, we feel very differently about our D today.
That said; there was a lot of good on D and you can’t discount that some of the misses and dropped we’re due to pressure.
The first INT was ALL out D. Corner shoved his hand in and deflected a good pass. Not a UVA error.
Late in the game we made a lot of good cover plays to force the FGs (that they missed). There was a lot to be happy with but UVA was just not good.
Stats are for losers, right? The bottom line is keeping points off the board and we did that!

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Well, if our “attaboy” came in a loss to UVA, that’s a bad sign.
UVA missed two makable FG, an extra point and flat out dropped an uncontested TD. UVA had a lot to do with how good we looked. If they make those plays, we feel very differently about our D today.
That said; there was a lot of good on D and you can’t discount that some of the misses and dropped we’re due to pressure.
The first INT was ALL out D. Corner shoved his hand in and deflected a good pass. Not a UVA error.
Late in the game we made a lot of good cover plays to force the FGs (that they missed). There was a lot to be happy with but UVA was just not good.
Stats are for losers, right? The bottom line is keeping points off the board and we did that!
Agreed. Our D was more "attaboy? ok" than "ATTABOY!"

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
The FEI rating shave not come out yet, but we did see some defensive improvement in yards per point allowed and yards per play allowed. Unfortunately, our offense dropped to 121st in yards per play and 129th (out of 130) in yards per point. We have one of the five worst offenses in all of college football, not just in P5.

slugboy

Staff member
The FEI rating shave not come out yet, but we did see some defensive improvement in yards per point allowed and yards per play allowed. Unfortunately, our offense dropped to 121st in yards per play and 129th (out of 130) in yards per point. We have one of the five worst offenses in all of college football, not just in P5.
This is faint praise (well, it’s not praise at all), but we started the game at #91 in Offensive FEI. UVA was #93. Iowa is at #100, and as awful as 3 offensive points and <blech> 206 yards of total offense </blech> is, I'd be surprised if one game would knock us down to their level.
P5 offenses that are probably worse than us include Iowa, Boston College, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, and Colorado. Even after this game, we're probably not in the bottom quarter of FBS offenses, but we're awfully close.

Still, if my defense of our offense is "we're not as bad as Iowa", that's terrible.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

I was trying to rationalize a way to get over a dc coordinator who had led us in the wrong direction for 3 years and ended up embarrassing the Institute.
Andy mac was the first play i heard the words used car salesman (2018) and clownshow (2019) .

UVA
Definitly a solid atta boy by the defense.
When u play fast and attacking u have to expect to have some gaps. Our offense was bad the whole game. uva offense was back on the field w no time to adjust and we hammered them. The dl got consistently got push across the los so they did roll the pocket. The db were in good position except when 29 got separated for the long gain. Lbs ran around making plays. The Thack Attackers played hard from whistle to whistle. If the offense had a pulse this would have been a best down.

Thack can come out of the dog house - and enjoy a juciy steak bone i put in his bowl.