Football billboards going up

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I was driving to the airport this morning and saw that we had put up a GT football billboard right outside Turner Field/Georgia State Stadium on the interstate side. It was visible in the south bound lanes and had the new gold and new jerseys on it.

1st. That's a hilarious placement and if I was a GSU fan I'd be a bit miffed.

2nd. Anyone else seen any new billboards out and about around the town/state?

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
GS > GSU

What’s to be insecure about?

In your original post you seemed to confuse Georgia State with Southern by implying GSU stood for Southern. I'm glad we seemed to clear this up in your latest post, though I would still object to your latest point.

GSU > GS

upload_2018-8-13_15-40-57.png

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
There’s one on 85 southbound (north of downtown) on the left side just a little before this merge with 75.
If it’s the spot I’m thinking of, they had one there last year,too—right as you were passing the Sweetwater Brewery. It had the classic line, “What’s the Good Word?”

Every time I drove past it on the way in to work, I made a point of hollering out, “To Hell With Georgia!”

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
In your original post you seemed to confuse Georgia State with Southern by implying GSU stood for Southern. I'm glad we seemed to clear this up in your latest post, though I would still object to your latest point.

GSU > GS

View attachment 3928

Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted. The football pedigrees of both schools isn’t close. State had a flash in the pan good year last year. Southern had probably the youngest team in the conference last year and their version of Bill Lewis.

State and Southern will be close on par with one another this year. Probably a toss up game this year with the edge going to Southern (imo)

Southern will run the ball with success again. State has an awesome WR. State should have a better D overall but it’s easier to stop 1WR typically than a solid running game.

After this year...forget about it. :D

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch

GSU > GS

View attachment 3928
Not to mention D'Marcus Simonds dropping 20+ on them both times and winning the Sun Belt title in hoops...alright carry on :cool::whistle:

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Now y'all don't get mad, but I don't think the billboards make a difference if they are targeting potential new GT fans in the metro area. GT needs to figure a better way to go after the thousands of people who have moved into the city. I have no idea how much money we spend on the billboards, but I'd place one on I-75 in Lowndes County, I-85 just outside the South Carolina border and one on the interstate in Chattanooga Tennessee. I'd use them like Clemson and Auburn have done....a recruiting tool.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Now y'all don't get mad, but I don't think the billboards make a difference if they are targeting potential new GT fans in the metro area. GT needs to figure a better way to go after the thousands of people who have moved into the city. I have no idea how much money we spend on the billboards, but I'd place one on I-75 in Lowndes County, I-85 just outside the South Carolina border and one on the interstate in Chattanooga Tennessee. I'd use them like Clemson and Auburn have done....a recruiting tool.

Billboards at every major crossing into the state should have GT propoganda at it.