Football, Basketball and Baseball all may miss post-season in same year

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Happened in '19-20 which Rona likely took out Beesball, but before that I think you had to go clear back to '83-84. We've reached the bottom of the barrel I'm afraid.

Here's to things looking up starting with Football 2023 style.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Happened in '19-20 which Rona likely took out Beesball, but before that I think you had to go clear back to '83-84. We've reached the bottom of the barrel I'm afraid.

Here's to things looking up starting with Football 2023 style.
Worthy of an "ignore." I know he's already ignored me, so it doesn't matter to him. But to make this type of post is indicative of a HORRIBLE fan. He needs to be ignored by everyone and severely ridiculed. I have no personal issue here (which is why I didn't ignore him after he said he had ignored me in a DM). But, this post is "ignore" worthy and he should be shunned.

If there's no hope, why care?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Worthy of an "ignore." I know he's already ignored me, so it doesn't matter to him. But to make this type of post is indicative of a HORRIBLE fan. He needs to be ignored by everyone and severely ridiculed. I have no personal issue here (which is why I didn't ignore him after he said he had ignored me in a DM). But, this post is "ignore" worthy and he should be shunned.

If there's no hope, why care?
Damn. Part of this was heart-felt, but most was tongue-in-cheek. Just left the emojis off again. No one deserves ridicule (well…)

If someone feels this badly about their school’s athletics, instead of starting a thread like this, they should just go hug their children or their mother.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Meh, when you fire 2 of the 3 coaches it's not hard to see that as a possibility. I expect that to change in the upcoming season. There's also still a good bit of baseball to play - maybe we'll start getting hot right now.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Meh, when you fire 2 of the 3 coaches it's not hard to see that as a possibility. I expect that to change in the upcoming season. There's also still a good bit of baseball to play - maybe we'll start getting hot right now.
Baseball is toast for the year.

They headline is correct. And we have at least tried to fix the big two sports. Waiting to see what transpires in the third sport during the off-season.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The biggest problem with 33’s OP: HE’S RIGHT. Our three most prominent men’s sports are hurting.

But listening to CBK and seeing how promptly JBatt moved to address the hoops situation, not to mention the credentials of his hoops HC hire, make me think the turnaround is underway on two of the three sports.

As for baseball - we shall see. That’s a sport where we recruit well, but the results don’t live up to the apparent quality of the talent. The situation is ripe for change.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
To make you guys feel better, uga is likely to miss all except football. They have all their golden eggs in one basket.

I think Batt has put a great foundation in place for the future,

but now we as fans need to respond and *clears throat* COME OUT TO THE GAMES! we need to let the players, coaches, and hill know that we have their back!

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
but now we as fans need to respond and *clears throat* COME OUT TO THE GAMES! we need to let the players, coaches, and hill know that we have their back!
100% agreed. Now, to be honest, it is tough for myself to make it to any midweek game. (I live 3 hrs away) I do wish the AA could coordinate between teams to have maximum eyes on sports. Have football schedule the spring game when baseball or/and softball have home games and stagger the start times. I only saw 1 announcement for the volleyball match vs georgia an hour after the spring game ended. Was that packed out with GT fans?
I've heard of other schools opening all of their other facilities on gamedays for folks to look around and get ticket info. We have parking at Klaus, let folks walk around the baseball plaza at least and show off a beautiful stadium. Same with the basketball and softball facilities. I hope with the New Edge building, the GT Hall of Fame will be open to all on every gameday prior to kickoff.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think we make a bowl game this year for FB. If Key started the season as our HC last year, I think we would have qualified for a bowl game. Key is a good football coach, and I think his floor is 6-7 wins a year. Can he be the coach that gets GT to 7-9+ wins with special seasons every 4-5 years like the good GT coaches have? We'll see.

Basketball has a steep hill to climb. New coach, the heavier influence of NIL on basketball recruiting, roster turnover, and possibly losing our best player. It's REALLY hard to make the NCAAT, much harder than it is to make a bowl game. Stoudamire hasn't even set his foundation yet.

The thing with the baseball team is that GT baseball ALWAYS has elite talent littering our roster. That's a HUGE advantage over our FB and Basketball teams. It's a matter now of developing that talent and getting the most out of them while they're here. Is Hall still the guy for the job? That's a question for the new AD and Hall.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I think Batt and Cabrera are working on the game day experience. There’s some basic elements here:

a. Pre-game expectations- mostly this is driven by play on the field. Too much losing has resulted in the number of even die hard fans being reduced. Looks like that’s being attacked in 2 of 3 major areas.

b. Game day experience- yeah tailgates are fun, but there’s so much else that could be done. How about some good options- music, food, kids activities, open up the schools and show us what you got. Most of us like geeky tech stuff. Invite the Grummans, the Lockheeds, Nasa, there’s tons of other techie activities in automotive,, etc that would draw people in and have them show off their stuff.

Hell, smart stuff like combine events. Have football spring game on same day as baseball or volleyball. Football goes 12-2, first pitch at 2:30. Ain’t that hard to figure out, just need to hire a genius at GTAA.

c. In game experience- needs a lot of work also. Fix concessions, have stupid pet tricks ($10k for whoever can dumbest dwag fan there), etc.

We gotta start running this like a business that’s trying to win. I’m sure there’s tons of other ideas. Right now we’ve got some excitement over coaching changes. Need to build on that asap, double asap.

5 years ago on football weekends there was an excitement in the air. Music, people, bands playing, etc. Was like a damn morgue on campus last season. Nobody like a funeral except the funeral home
director.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think we make a bowl game this year for FB. If Key started the season as our HC last year, I think we would have qualified for a bowl game. Key is a good football coach, and I think his floor is 6-7 wins a year. Can he be the coach that gets GT to 7-9+ wins with special seasons every 4-5 years like the good GT coaches have? We'll see.

Basketball has a steep hill to climb. New coach, the heavier influence of NIL on basketball recruiting, roster turnover, and possibly losing our best player. It's REALLY hard to make the NCAAT, much harder than it is to make a bowl game. Stoudamire hasn't even set his foundation yet.

The thing with the baseball team is that GT baseball ALWAYS has elite talent littering our roster. That's a HUGE advantage over our FB and Basketball teams. It's a matter now of developing that talent and getting the most out of them while they're here. Is Hall still the guy for the job? That's a question for the new AD and Hall.
And a huge Amen. My sentiments exactly. We've made moves and they will probably, but not certainly, work out. And, given his record, I can't see firing Hall.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Batt and Cabrera are working on the game day experience. There’s some basic elements here:

a. Pre-game expectations- mostly this is driven by play on the field. Too much losing has resulted in the number of even die hard fans being reduced. Looks like that’s being attacked in 2 of 3 major areas.

b. Game day experience- yeah tailgates are fun, but there’s so much else that could be done. How about some good options- music, food, kids activities, open up the schools and show us what you got. Most of us like geeky tech stuff. Invite the Grummans, the Lockheeds, Nasa, there’s tons of other techie activities in automotive,, etc that would draw people in and have them show off their stuff.

Hell, smart stuff like combine events. Have football spring game on same day as baseball or volleyball. Football goes 12-2, first pitch at 2:30. Ain’t that hard to figure out, just need to hire a genius at GTAA.

c. In game experience- needs a lot of work also. Fix concessions, have stupid pet tricks ($10k for whoever can dumbest dwag fan there), etc.

We gotta start running this like a business that’s trying to win. I’m sure there’s tons of other ideas. Right now we’ve got some excitement over coaching changes. Need to build on that asap, double asap.

5 years ago on football weekends there was an excitement in the air. Music, people, bands playing, etc. Was like a damn morgue on campus last season. Nobody like a funeral except the funeral home
director.

I love everything about this. Agreed that we need to strike while the iron is hot. I do remember how the fans started showing up when CPJ started winning his first year - I'm hopeful we start putting up some good performances, and all of the above happens alongside it, so that ultimately the whole thing feeds on itself.

Times like these, I hate living all the way out here in Colorado.