Florida Regional

How Many Games Will GT Win in the Florida Regional?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just saw the LF make a top 10 superman play. Other than pitch, field and hit, Florida isn't that good.

There is a tremendous advantage to winning the first two games. We've played to our potential this weekend.

Now on to the draft this week.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Watching "Bases Loaded", the Clemson fans are the most obnoxious and disgusting of all the games. Some of the heckling is just embarrassing, do they serve beer in the Clemson stadium?

We used 8 pitchers tonight. Some type of record? Carpenter, Combs and Winborne are the only ones not to give up runs. Now that's it's off-season, I'll say that I am optimistic about our Freshman pitching getting better next year and being a strength rather than a liability. They have to get experience some time. And got it young.

Gonzo went Gonzo this weekend. Glad for him. Kel went 3 for 4 tonight. Justus is just all around great. Good hitting, will be interesting with the draft to see who is gone ......

With Faedo out, we finally broke through. Final score ..... 1-10.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
And so it ends. Faedo had 10Ks vs 1 BB today.

We We're the #2 seed and made it to the finals against the #1 seed. Nothing to be ashamed ...

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Watching "Bases Loaded", the Clemson fans are the most obnoxious and disgusting of all the games. Some of the heckling is just embarrassing, do they serve beer in the Clemson stadium?

We used 8 pitchers tonight. Some type of record? Carpenter, Combs and Winborne are the only ones not to give up runs. Now that's it's off-season, I'll say that I am optimistic about our Freshman pitching getting better next year and being a strength rather than a liability. They have to get experience some time. And got it young.

Gonzo went Gonzo this weekend. Glad for him. Kel went 3 for 4 tonight. Justus is just all around great. Good hitting, will be interesting with the draft to see who is gone ......

With Faedo out, we finally broke through. Final score ..... 1-10.
Agree on all!

Clemson fans are pretty awful.

Great to see what Gonzalez did this weekend. What a career at Tech!! I appreciated Gold's comments about Gonzo (his roommate, I learned) mid-game of UCONN game today.

And Justis was a bright spot too all year. Consistently a tough out at plate & stellar defensive play.

Knocked out by the #1 overall seed. Nothing to be ashamed of at all.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hmmmmm! Another season down in flames.

Only one major varsity men's sport made it to the post season. I'd like the same mediocrity in basketball and football this coming year.

Can we do better? Yes. Should we do better? Yes.

Will we do better? We will be 9th or 10th in the ACC and on the NCAA bubble unless pitching and defensive focus improves.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Only one major varsity men's sport made it to the post season. I'd like the same mediocrity in basketball and football this coming year.

Can we do better? Yes. Should we do better? Yes.

Will we do better? We will be 9th or 10th in the ACC and on the NCAA bubble unless pitching and defensive focus improves.
I wish the freshmen pitchers would forget summer ball and stay on campus to workout and develop another "out" pitch.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Under the circumstances, Coach Hall and the team went as far as they could. I hate we got stuck in the regional with the #1 seed. Tell me, if someone taught the cut fastball to Gorst and changed him from so so to great, might that same person teach the cut fastball to our other pitchers?