FixD

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
anybody use the android program that receives a signal from the auto pc port under the dash to monitor and keep up with repairs on their car?

comments?

tia

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
I've not used that particular app but have used one called Torque Pro. It works with bluetooth enabled OBD II scanners. I purchased the Pro version because I needed the live counters or whatever they are called. I also downloaded a Ford "map" of counters for additional information. I used on a Ford V10 and it worked well. I also used on a Ford Focus 4-cylinder and it worked well.

You will need a bluetooth scanner that plugs into the ODB II port...just the app alone won't work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en_US

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
i did a little investigating.

the cheap method that you describe is labor intensive but costs less than 10 bucks from what i read.

the fixed device comes with a blue tooth scanner and the the app which has taken the leg work out of d/l the ford map of counters etc. i am trying to diagnosis a 1998 saturn so i guess i would need the saturn map. although the article i read indicated that all the codes are the same for all makes? at this point im clueless and learing as i go.
ty