First play versus Duke

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Fake rocket toss trap dive?

What is a good play for the LB shooting gaps? Speed option with the AB taking the gap LB?

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
as another said, if the LB's are shooting the gaps hard the wheel route should be wide open if we can give JT time to let it develop

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
The dive will be there for the taking this game. I expect lots of yardage through dive/belly plays, and that is likely where we will start on Saturday. Expect a big day from the B-backs.

What does Puke do to insist this will be the case?
I have no insider info. I'm just curious and here to learn.
Thankyou for your time and info

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I would like for one time this year for paul to hammer the bb from the get go. Way to often imo he is seeing the d is trying to take away and is calling the O too perimeter. He over compensates imo

Just try to hammer the bb up the middle early. Go b gap if you have to, if they pinch A or blitz A go B or off tackle but pound the Bb early and often for once please this year.

I feel like we have really gotten away from this. We are being way too cute sometimes. And i think the Ol is being too cute sometimes too. Just hit someone even if the wrong guy. Choose to stay on your feet more than cut please

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I would like for one time this year for paul to hammer the bb from the get go. Way to often imo he is seeing the d is trying to take away and is calling the O too perimeter. He over compensates imo

Just try to hammer the bb up the middle early. Go b gap if you have to, if they pinch A or blitz A go B or off tackle but pound the Bb early and often for once please this year.

I feel like we have really gotten away from this. We are being way too cute sometimes. And i think the Ol is being too cute sometimes too. Just hit someone even if the wrong guy. Choose to stay on your feet more than cut please

I think just being "cute" is the last thing to suspect of a CPJ offense, OL, fwiw.

Jmonty71

Banned
Wheel route
Bingo! Wheel route.... With the LB's shooting gaps that leaves the A back wide open. If you line both WRs on one side. That means you can even just screen pass it over. Nobody over there, leads to a HUGE play. Bet, CPJ has that thought about already. Over committing to the run can and needs to be Duke's downfall.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The best thing CPJ could do is get off to a fast start. Demoralize the Devils.

I would love to see the opening play against Vandy used to jigger the offense. Fun city.