LB 6 David Curry
LB 25 Charlie Thomas
CB 3 Tre Swilling
CB 2D Zamari Walton
S 1 Juanyeh Thomas
S 2 Tariq Carpenter
S 2K Kaleb Oliver

Also
Georgia Tech: 1X-Chico Bennett Jr, 1D-Josh Carlson, 1S-Adonicas Sanders, 2O-Omahri Jarrett, 3K-Wesley Wells, 3J-Kenan Johnson, 4-James Graham, 5S-Cade Long, 5-Jerry Howard Jr., 6S-Jack Coco, 7-Lucas Johnson, 8W-Nazir Burnett, 10-Christian Campbell, 12-Bruce Jordan-Swillin, 13-Avery Showell, 14-Jaylon King, 16-Myles Sims, 17-Demetrius Knight II, 18-Peje Harris, 21-Stephen Dolphus, 22-Jamious Griffin, 23-Jordan Huff, 24-Christian Malloy, 26-Josh Blancato, 27-Pressley Harvin, 28-Dontae Smith, 29-Keegan Hemingway, 31-Nathan Cottrell, 33-Jaytlin Askew, 37-Brenton King, 38-Ajani Kerr, 43-Tyler Cooksey, 44-Quez Jackson, 48-Luke Johns, 51-Jahaziel Lee, 52-Justice Dingle, 59-Scott Morgan, 61-Michael Maye, 80-Dylan Leonard, 82-Kalani Norris, 83-Dylan Deveney, 86-Djimon Brooks, 91-Kelton Dawson, 92-JaQuon Griffin, 93-T.K. Chimedza.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
There are 9 scholarship true freshmen on that list
  • WR Ahmarean Brown
  • WR Nazir Burnett
  • WR Kalani Norris
  • TE Dylan Deveney
  • RB Jamious Griffin
  • DE Chico Bennett Jr
  • LB Demetrius Knight II
  • CB Kenan Johnson
  • CB Jordan Huff

Eleven Yellow Jackets made their first collegiate starts
  • So. LG Mikey Minihan
  • Jr. RT Jack DeFoor
  • So. WR Malachi Carter
  • Fr. WR Ahmarean Brown
  • Jr. DE Jaquan Henderson
  • Jr. DE Antwan Owens
  • Jr. DT Chris Martin
  • Sr. DT Brentavious Glanton
  • r-Fr. CB Zamari Walton
  • So. S Juanyeh Thomas
  • So. NB Kaleb Oliver

ChooChoo Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
There are 9 scholarship true freshmen on that list
  • WR Ahmarean Brown
  • WR Nazir Burnett
  • WR Kalani Norris
  • TE Dylan Deveney
  • RB Jamious Griffin
  • DE Chico Bennett Jr
  • LB Demetrius Knight II
  • CB Kenan Johnson
  • CB Jordan Huff

Eleven Yellow Jackets made their first collegiate starts
  • So. LG Mikey Minihan
  • Jr. RT Jack DeFoor
  • So. WR Malachi Carter
  • Fr. WR Ahmarean Brown
  • Jr. DE Jaquan Henderson
  • Jr. DE Antwan Owens
  • Jr. DT Chris Martin
  • Sr. DT Brentavious Glanton
  • r-Fr. CB Zamari Walton
  • So. S Juanyeh Thomas
  • So. NB Kaleb Oliver
There is also a TRUE Frosh Walk-On on that list.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I don't think Jamious is gonna redshirt. Dont think you would burn one of his 4 games here if he was.
That was exactly my thought. Seemed weird to bring him in for a little in a blowout. I would of rather waited for citadel, usf, or unc. Give him confidence

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Minihan was not too bad

Defoor struggled

Graham should start

Lb i think swilling and knight need more pt. Curry underwhelmed. Thought quez flew around.

Secondary was fine. I liked the play of oliver

De was young and it showed. More mental than physical in gap control and staying home on the backside. Dt wasnt as bad as it looked initially. But of course can still improve

Some older guys not sure should be playing as much. Just saying this year is time to cut in a bunch of new teeth. And i think we will see that

It’s all about 2021. The next 24 months are all about getting ready for year 3. Graham will be a redshirt junior, Yates a redshirt sophomore, and Gleason will be a true sophomore. We play at Clemson and Lawrence will be gone. That will be the marker for Collins.
The Clemson fans I went to the game with say they have another QB in the wings for whenever Trevor leaves. They aren't worried.

Jacketsfan99

Georgia Tech Fan
Minihan was not too bad

Defoor struggled

Graham should start

Lb i think swilling and knight need more pt. Curry underwhelmed. Thought quez flew around.

De was young and it showed. More mental than physical in gap control and staying home on the backside. Dt wasnt as bad as it looked initially. But of course can still improve

Some older guys not sure should be playing as much. Just saying this year is time to cut in a bunch of new teeth. And i think we will see that

Jacketsfan99

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree with you on J Graham but can he stay eligible ? That’s probably holding him back for now. The game was such a nightmare it’s hard to judge individual performances

ugacdawg

Georgia Tech Fan

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Minihan was not too bad

Defoor struggled

Graham should start

Wait until you see this breakdown of the LBs on the run. One guy still having issues reading the play

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
That's not what I saw. Now, I have not done a play by play breakdown and watched players individually to grade them, so I admit to the possibility of being wrong. I did watch the game twice. I did not see Curry as a/the weakspot. DL seemed like the glaring weakspot, which can make very good LB group look bad (and a very good DL can make a mediocre LB group look good). It's the same thing we had going on in '99. We had pretty good LB's in 99 with a young Wimbush leading the way, but the DL was weak at the point. When I paid attention (which was on replays of Clemson's biggest gash running plays), it looked like our DL was at best not penetrating or even fitting in their gaps and at worst getting pushed back into the LB level. A perfect example is on one of Etienne's early scores (maybe a 15'ish yard TD run, untouched). Curry fit in the B-gap, which is where an ILB should fit, and J.Henderson, playing DE should have had the C-gap (or been the force/leverage guy setting the edge), but Henderson got totally handled, like really badly handled and pushed back to the LB level creating a huge gap for the RB to go through untouched. And, so the LB looks bad because it looks like he should have flowed to the outside to make the tackle, but in reality, he's fitting where he's supposed to fit, and if everybody is just doing a decent (not great) job, then he's able to make the play. Instead, it's a gash for 6-pts, and the LB is shaking his head, and the DE is clapping his hands in disgust at himself.

That was my interpretation of the most plausible explanation of that play. I could be wrong. It could be that Henderson was coached (or thought the call was) to to try to shoot inside and then he got washed down by the OT, in which case Curry should've flowed outside to clean up the RB spilling it out. The point is, it seems like it would be impossible to know who isn't doing their job if you don't know the call.

Overall, I liked the look and feel of our defense and have a good feeling about its POTENTIAL to be better than we've had with the last three schemes (though I still don't think our last DC was given a chance and should not be judged on his one year, I truly though his scheme had potential as well). One thing I was most disappointed in was our inability to get to the QB, especially when sending a lot of people, but not being able to win any one-on-ones in pass rush. To be great, that HAS to change. Our secondary and nicely designed coverages kept them from scoring 100.