FIRE THE COACHES, FIRE THE PLAYERS, oh wait.. We won!!!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Talk about a cathartic homecoming. I am so happy for this team, and the rest of the fans who have stood by them. We have played some REALLY good teams lately and have been so close to getting it done but couldn't quite find a way.

That changed tonight. We saw CTR sending more pressure. CPJ working magic with the offense and the team continuing to drive and hit and tackle and claw.

What a sweet sweet victory to have won on a blocked kick. I'm cracking open a bottle of whisky old enough to drink itself and celebrating this one for the rest of the night.

Happy homecoming!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Talk about a cathartic homecoming. I am so happy for this team, and the rest of the fans who have stood by them. We have played some REALLY good teams lately and have been so close to getting it done but couldn't quite find a way.

That changed tonight. We saw CTR sending more pressure. CPJ working magic with the offense and the team continuing to drive and hit and tackle and claw.

What a sweet sweet victory to have won on a blocked kick. I'm cracking open a bottle of whisky old enough to drink itself and celebrating this one for the rest of the night.

Happy homecoming!
Great post, I couldn't agree more. I'll have a drink with you, Cheers!

dubjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Love the title! I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure it will Cpj fault that the game was that close. We've been so close and finally we figure out how to win one!

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
We may still be 3-5 but the thing is and as everyone has said before CPJ is a good coach, we are 3-5 due to a young beat up team on a hard schedule. What I saw tonight, was not only CPJs coaching of the young guys setting in, but more the team coming together. The O still is pretty shaky and needs work, but what we saw tonight, was the team coming together finally.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
We're still 3-5. This topic is every bit as stupid as the posts it is parodying.

Having said that, there has been steady improvement in this team. We lost on a 56 yard FG last week. This week, we pulled out a game that was eerily similar.

And guess what, I can count the number of times in CPJ's tenure that I've been able to say this: the D and ST won this game for us! Hope we can keep that up.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Agreed we are still 3-5, but the point remains. This team is coming into its own.

The learning curve and growing pains have been painful, but MaTech has always treated her young to a hard sense of self reliance. We are literally watching these guys mature in front of the nation and I, for one, could not be prouder.

Our team has fought through adversity, attrition and a monster schedule. Tonight we get to all savor a small step along the way to better, more mature football.

..Oh, I wish I had a barrel of rum and sugar three thousand pounds,
A college bell to put it in and a clapper to stir it round.
I'd drink to all the good fellows who come from far and near.
I'm a ramblin', gamblin', hell of an engineer!

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I honestly was happy we held our own against fsu when aguayo was getting ready to kick. I was thinking well here's another one we just couldn't finish. Glad I was completely wrong! I thought it was a repeat of last week

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
And because this is just too good to only post in one thread-----
upload_2015-10-25_7-25-13.png

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Just relistened to the post game interviews. From the top to the bottom of this team our guys get it. They are dialed in and all staying on message.

When asked about his 60yd TD JeT instead mentions his interception, that he gave up 10 points all on his own, and put our D in a bad way. The rest of the guys echo this team first, do my job, focus on winning game 4 now, take care of business attitude.

I have to say it again. So. Proud. Of. This. Team.