Film Study - Offense vs UNC

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Searcy is a heat seeking missile, based on his HS tape. I'm sure he could be a good WR, but we need more help at DB.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I think Days looks good. To be truthful, I think we are all going to be really impressed when he gets a lot of carries and establishes some rhythm out there.

Boomer,
I think Days is ok but ,I'll be happy if he doesn't fumble at least once with all the new playing time and carries.He doesn't know how to adjust like ZL esp vs a good pitt def.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Searcy could be an A Back.
One thing is for sure, that kid is a pure athlete. I didn't have to watch him more than 5 minutes during the warm up of a fall scrimmage to see that. He is small and carries very little weight. However, he is one of those guys who is in complete control of his body and runs/moves with no wasted motion. He is wicked football fast, I can tell you that. Wherever he plays, he will be good. Personally, I would plug him in at AB. He is too small to support the run as a S, but has all the fluidity and agility to play CB. We shall see, but we will all be glad we have him.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Justin did something twice in this game that no other gt qb has done to me. I groaned and said "shoulda pulled smoove" while laskey got wrapped up ... Then saw justin pitching down the line.

That guy s such a player. Kinda wished he started last year ... :-O

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Justin did something twice in this game that no other gt qb has done to me. I groaned and said "shoulda pulled smoove" while laskey got wrapped up ... Then saw justin pitching down the line.

Did you notice the play where #8 UNC was looking for the ball and Justin was running behind him? He was completely fooled.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

This is an excellent point. There is no doubt that it is way harder to follow the ball this year. If it is harder for us, then it is harder for the defense too. On a similar note, you have to give the UNC QB props for this too. He did a great job riding the MESH from the gun.

Animal02

Banned

Yes.....he has fooled me a few times as well......hard to believe after watching these same basic plays for several years and still getting fooled.....and that is on a big *** screen too ;)

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
One thing is for sure, that kid is a pure athlete. I didn't have to watch him more than 5 minutes during the warm up of a fall scrimmage to see that. He is small and carries very little weight. However, he is one of those guys who is in complete control of his body and runs/moves with no wasted motion. He is wicked football fast, I can tell you that. Wherever he plays, he will be good. Personally, I would plug him in at AB. He is too small to support the run as a S, but has all the fluidity and agility to play CB. We shall see, but we will all be glad we have him.

I could never see him as a WR--we need blocking there and size--good slot receiver if we had one