Fender Bender

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I'll just say this, if this was a Georgia baseball player we would be all over it saying they should release the player and how horrible it made their team look. Have to expect it from them and of course Georgia won't do anything about it so on and so on. As well, I'll leave you all with this info which is signed off on by each and every student athlete.

Georgia Tech Student Athlete Code of Conduct: Participation in intercollegiate athletics at the Georgia Institute of Technology is a privilege extended to a gifted few. As the Institute’s most visible ambassadors, student-athletes are expected to uphold, at all times, high standards of integrity and behavior that reflect well upon them, their families, coaches, teammates, the Georgia Tech Athletic Association (GTAA), and the Institute. The Student-Athlete Code of Conduct (Code) sets expectations for how student-athletes represent the Institute and outlines potential consequences for failure to adhere to these standards. The Code supplements, but does not supersede any Institute, ACC, or NCAA policies. Student-athletes must acknowledge receipt of and agree to comply with the Code in order to participate in athletics. GTAA reserves the right to make changes to the Code. By signing the consent form, the student-athlete also acknowledges that it is the right of each sport team to develop and administer team-specific policies that may prohibit additional behavior and provide for more severe sanctions than this Code.
First, no, I wouldn't say that if this was a UGa player. I'd feel pretty much like I did when Jameis Winston had some issues at FSU...it might look bad on the surface but you have no idea what the backstory is....So you feel comfortable in passing judgment based on a 20-30 second internet video? Seriously? I hope no one judges you based on that thin amount of evidence.

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
Isn't CB in the transfer portal anyway? He is listed in D1 BB and has been for months. No new school listed still though.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Isn't CB in the transfer portal anyway? He is listed in D1 BB and has been for months. No new school listed still though.
It wouldn't surprise me. He hasn't really had playing time and our last class brought in players that are probably above him.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
who has access to the D1Baseball Transfer Portal Tracker? If he's listed, recent events will not bode well for his transfer....

who has access to the D1Baseball Transfer Portal Tracker? If he's listed, recent events will not bode well for his transfer....

028CDF0D-FF0F-4042-BADC-275CF1BB67FC.png

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Who was the driver? From what I see from the video (which I know is limited in itself), the driver was a lot more composed ... he did not get out from his driver’s seat, at least from what was shown in the video.

1. Is he (the driver) a baseball teammate of Mr. Benson’s?

2. Was he (the driver) intoxicated?

3. Should he (the driver) have gotten out from his driver’s seat and calmed down Mr. Benson?

Just wondering. I certainly would like to read the police’s auto accident report, if there is one.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I sure would like to move on from this and get on with baseball practice talk. Are we allowed into baseball practice? What is happening? who is excelling.

twofortheroad

Georgia Tech Fan
Who was the driver? From what I see from the video (which I know is limited in itself), the driver was a lot more composed ... he did not get out from his driver’s seat, at least from what was shown in the video.

1. Is he (the driver) a baseball teammate of Mr. Benson’s?

2. Was he (the driver) intoxicated?

3. Should he (the driver) have gotten out from his driver’s seat and calmed down Mr. Benson?

Just wondering. I certainly would like to read the police’s auto accident report, if there is one.
My understanding that the driver was Will Shirah, you can hear him on one of the videos telling him to 'relax/calm down' - my words, not a quote. While no one has confirmed that anyone was drunk, it is my understanding that there was a party that they were coming from just off campus. Would agree that someone should have calmed down Benson but given the status they have in the Tech community as a student athlete that should have been a self management issue.