Favorite quote from NCSU board...

Animal02

Banned
I love that the GTAA spends the money to send at least a spirit band to all games. Being able to hear the GT band makes away games seem a little more like being at home.

Hearing the B-flat Tuning on 3rd down makes me stand up at home.

Having the spirit band at the Pitt game made the experience for both my kids (and me) that much more enjoyable.....and I am sure for all the other alumni that drove from all over to catch a "nearby" tech game.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Both of my kids were in their HS marching band and my oldest was in Southern Pride at Georgia Southern her first 2 yrs (before starting nursing program). I always like the GT band, had a few good friends in it, but being a band parent, I really came to appreciate what the band adds to the game day atmosphere. Now, I think the piped in music is overdone.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
Both of my kids were in their HS marching band and my oldest was in Southern Pride at Georgia Southern her first 2 yrs (before starting nursing program). I always like the GT band, had a few good friends in it, but being a band parent, I really came to appreciate what the band adds to the game day atmosphere. Now, I think the piped in music is overdone.
Agree with this... Our Band is an important part of the GT "Team"... They provide the Sound Track for the drama that plays out each year on fall Saturdays... I've been to a few road games over the years where the band wasn't there... made everything out of place... bad bad mojo... any time our football team takes the field ANYWHERE our band should be there... Chris Moore gets it, he is a band director that understands the contributions a band can make to a program... warm up at the fountain, "good word" at the library, pregame at the plaza, drum line at YJA, roving tailgate plays... outstanding job!!!!

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Can you please play the "wump wump wump" sound effect after every incomplete Clemson pass? In our offense almost every play has something happen whereas 10-30 plays in a pro style have nothing happen.

Animal02

Banned
My only bad memory of the band was 2nd year Arch. studio. We were in the 2nd floor Couch Building.....right on top of the band practice rooms......got real tired of hearing trumpets going through scales and the full pratices where we could not hear ourselves think :mad:

On the other side.......band members were always a welcome addition at DramaTech musicals.......and they partied hard too.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Did I hear our band playing Shout it out Loud or was that NC St band?

I'm like everyone else here. Our band and our fight songs are a huge part of the gameday experience.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Glad to hear all of you guys enjoy the band so much. Hearing comments like this makes everything we do so incredibly worth it.

Can u guys play the star wars darth vader march (not sure what the song is called) chorus everytime gt makes a first down on offense. Perfect music during one of our death march drives.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Can u guys play the star wars darth vader march (not sure what the song is called) chorus everytime gt makes a first down on offense. Perfect music during one of our death march drives.

We played it a couple of times for the white out game. Sadly i have no control over what we play.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We played it a couple of times for the white out game. Sadly i have no control over what we play.
you-can-do-it-.gif