Favorite moment of the ‘23-‘24 athletic season?

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Well, now that the big three of GT sports are done, what was your fav moment from the 23-24 athletic year?

Notable happenings:
- Football’s miracle win at #17 Miami
- Football‘s thriller homecoming victory over #17 UNC
- Football taking a tough #1 UGA team to the limit
- Basketball shocking #7 Duke
- Women’s Basketball winning in Athens (our only notable win over those filthy mutts)
- Football’s bowl win over UCF
- Basketball’s miracle comeback and 2OT win at Clemson
- Drew Burress’ 4 HR in one game
- Basketball stunning the hoops world AGAIN and beating #3 UNC
- Baseball’s tournament run

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Most memorable was Miami or MBB vs. Duke for sure, but my favorite was the bowl win over UCF. That was a good moment in time to be a GT fan - MBB had just beaten Mississippi St and Duke, we just announced a massive investment in the Edge Center rebuild, and Danny Hall (for better or worse) was about to be inducted into the ABCA Hall of Fame.

Football goes down 3-17 to UCF, and we all worry we've seen this before. I was out at Three Dollar Cafe, and the energy was just gone... I was mentally preparing myself for an early return home. Instead, the team guts it out, ran it down their throats, and scored 27 straight. Just total relief as we finally return to a winning season. There was a few moments in the season that I thought we had exorcised our demons (going up 14-0 vs. Bowling Green, dominating Virginia, the 1st half vs. Syracuse) but the UCF win just gives me pure confidence in our staff and team that we're in the right direction going into next season.

NewEnglandTransplant

Georgia Tech Fan
Football comeback win vs UCF in Tampa to cap the 2023 season and create momentum going into the 2024 season (for baseball fans, Drew Burress is a freshman gift to GT baseball). All of the others listed are worthy of consideration.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
The UNC win was the best moment, IMO. Homecoming, night game, huge hit on the star WR to knock the ball out...the stadium was absolutely thumping!
Close second was Miami...only gets 2nd because I wasn't in Miami for it, but I woke up the baby up when it happened and was scolded by my better half. Thanks Mario!

Drew Burress' entire season was magical and we're lucky he's here.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
I would love to say it was the Miami game, but to be honest I had turned if off went to bed, and my daughter called me on the phone and asked could I believe what happened. I didn’t believe her so I got up and at that point it was 3:00 am before I could get back to sleep.
My brother turned it off too. I called him and had him all jacked up for the rest of the night. I will never forget that game...I don't know how many times I've thought "what if they fumbled right here"...and it finally happened. Football is a crazy game!

stingerman

Georgia Tech Fan
My brother turned it off too. I called him and had him all jacked up for the rest of the night. I will never forget that game...I don't know how many times I've thought "what if they fumbled right here"...and it finally happened. Football is a crazy game!
I had the same thought watching the 2004 Clemson game. What if they fumble the snap? And then it happened.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Haynes King throwing the winning TD pass to get the win for me my brother and uncle are huge Miami fans. How sweet it was 😂. Ohio St, Michigan, Miami and stinking VT are teams I just don’t like, especially VT

Last edited:

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I run @Ramble1885 on instagram and I had the final score post ready. I was about to go to bed then my dad yells “MIAMI FUMBLED” from the other room. We watched the last drive together and when we scored I leaned into his arms and he needed to ice his back the next day lol.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll probably remember watching the end of the Miami game live for a long time. That whole end of game situation will probably never happen again in my lifetime.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Yeah, the Miami game was when we saw the flicker of the flame CBK is going to build confidence wise for this team. I watch every game from the first to final whistle. The game was nuts and then to put together the long drive to win it. Too good.

Homecoming wins are always awesome. As were many of the other highlights, but I think the effect of the Miami win seals it for me.