Faulkner Raise

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I’d love for us to keep him at least through next year. I think we have a great shot at top 16 next year with the easier schedule and if we keep improving

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I’d love for us to keep him at least through next year. I think we have a great shot at top 16 next year with the easier schedule and if we keep improving

Faulkner will have the luxury of being picky for his next job. He'll have a VERY good veteran QB, and one of the top offenses, good players at the skill positions, and 4 star prospects at the QB positions to step in for King once his time at GT is up. He also has a great relationship with Key and the people at GT so his work environment isn't like 'Bama where it's extremely stressful every year.

If the right job doesn't come along next offseason, he won't be in rush. Key is setting up a great place for our coaches to work and grow into their careers.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The other thing we've seen recently across CFB is coaches who aren't looking to move up HC roles. That's a whole lot more work and spotlight on you than being OC, and if you are already making $1m+ a year may not be worth it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Dude. We are cooking right now. Nothing but great news in the last week or so, but especially the last two days

Great things happen when you have good leadership. GT has that now, at all 3 levels (Institutional - Cabrera, Athletic Department - Batt, Head FB Coach - Key). We're also investing more into our FB program than we ever have which was announced recently with 30% increased spending for our football team. That's just the money we know about.

GT fans will be pleasantly surprised at how different our program looks over the next few years.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The other thing we've seen recently across CFB is coaches who aren't looking to move up HC roles. That's a whole lot more work and spotlight on you than being OC, and if you are already making $1m+ a year may not be worth it.
OC isn't exactly a stable job unless you are at Ohio State or somewhere similar. You are always one bad QB away from being a scapegoat.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Call me crazy but I’d love to just be an OC making between 1-3 million a year to call plays 12 Saturdays a year..
If you had a job like that I'd call you a unicorn. That statement shows that you know very little about how hard these guys work. The least hard working head coach we've had in the last 40 years is Paul Johnson, and before you get your panties in a wad, I know that from a former GTAA employee who was there with Gailey and Johnson. I personally know how hard Bobby Ross and O'Leary worked. One Fourth of July weekend Bobby Ross drove to Virginia to see his 90 year old father. It was the first days he had taken off since before summer practice began the prior year.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
If you had a job like that I'd call you a unicorn. That statement shows that you know very little about how hard these guys work. The least hard working head coach we've had in the last 40 years is Paul Johnson, and before you get your panties in a wad, I know that from a former GTAA employee who was there with Gailey and Johnson. I personally know how hard Bobby Ross and O'Leary worked. One Fourth of July weekend Bobby Ross drove to Virginia to see his 90 year old father. It was the first days he had taken off since before summer practice began the prior year.
I guess Chip Kelly is a unicorn lazy coach because he took the Ohio State OC job instead of being the head coach at UCLA.

That just shows how dumb Gailey was. So he “outworked Johnson” and still never beat the Dawgs or won 10 games. Great argument.

beeteam

Georgia Tech Fan
Did Paul Johnson punk you out of your lunch money?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Working less time and producing better results isn't lazy....its called being talented.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Working less time and producing better results isn't lazy....its called being talented.
Yeah, that Ford guy was really lazy when he created the assembly line.

I have dedicated my entire career towards maximizing output while minimizing effort and resources. It is the definition of what it means to be an Industrial Engineer.