Fan Map

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck

Gojackets55

Banned
The link below is an interactive fan map which shows the percentages of fans by zip code in the entire USA.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-map.html#5,30.484,-87.535

Two things stand out to me...

1. We have a major uphill battle in the state of Georgia. I didn't look in depth yet but I can't find a county in the state in which we even come in second.

2. For some reason the state of Alaska really loves Duke.
Surprising. Even Vandy has a little fan population

Gojackets55

Banned
And how come Bobby Dodd doesn't show up on the map? I see all other power 5 stadiums called out....
I really hate ESPN. They do brief segments of every non SEC game for the weekend and then do a 5 min intro with bells and whistles for the SEC games

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. I question the accuracy a bit.

Surprises me how dominant South Carolina is over Clemson. I would have thought Clemson would have carried 35-40% of the state.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting. I question the accuracy a bit.

Surprises me how dominant South Carolina is over Clemson. I would have thought Clemson would have carried 35-40% of the state.
Do not underestimate the mass appeal of saying "Go C____!"

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
It ain't easy being a Tech fan. Never has been my whole life. BUT when we have those good years there's nothing like it. I'd hate pulling for a team just because it's cool and everyone else does it. I'll keep my GT pride and 6 GT friends in Hart County and raise hell on Saturday with a cold Bud light in my hand and my punch'em in the face shirt on. Go Jackets!!

herb

Helluva Engineer
Re: Carolina, they have,with the exception perhaps of the early to mid 80s, been the dominant team. That is especially true in the low country. The majority of Clemson fans have always been in the upstate area

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Definitely thought something was wrong with the data based on my experience in NC but then saw this message:
Facebook has a discovered a coding error with its data for North Carolina, and we expect to have corrected data soon.
Pretty sure this is just based on who people say they cheer for on Facebook. Margin of error here is probably huge.
Agreed although the numbers in the state of GA doesn't surprise me too much.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
It ain't easy being a Tech fan. Never has been my whole life. BUT when we have those good years there's nothing like it. I'd hate pulling for a team just because it's cool and everyone else does it. I'll keep my GT pride and 6 GT friends in Hart County and raise hell on Saturday with a cold Bud light in my hand and my punch'em in the face shirt on. Go Jackets!!

Does this 6 include BK? ;)

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
Check out Techs own zip code. Clearly there is a serious problem with the research methodology here.
Since BDS isn't even on there, I suppose the question went something like this: "What is your favorite college football team"-- "Georgia Tech"-- "no seriously."