Fan Day Observations

techfan#14

Jolly Good Fellow
Couple of things that I noticed while enjoying the atmosphere. I too was caught off guard by the arm cast on KW. He let my son sign it so that was cool. Secondarily, Zeek is a large man but appears to have trimmed down. Also took me a minute to determine who it was, but Horace Lockett has intimidating size. Overall, as I typically am I was very impressed with the politeness of the players and willingness to interact with my kids.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought it was a pretty good event overall. I managed to kick a FG from the 5 yard line, and my 3-year old son loved the touchdown dive. Also, the players were wearing the blue jerseys with a CFA kickoff emblem on the sleeve, so my guess for the combo on labor day is G-B-W.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I thought fan day itself was well done. I was surprised by how big all the players were.

I also drilled a field goal.
I'm glad you said this, I think it points out where we're trying to go, we will eventually see players GT is not use to seeing in their size and athleticism, will take a little while to get there IMO but I believe we'll get there. We're going to eventually play "big boy" FB. I remember coming back to ATL & GT, talking to players from the past and their comments always were similar about the players Bobby Ross had, they just were not used to seeing that type physical player at GT. The results, 1990.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad you said this, I think it points out where we're trying to go, we will eventually see players GT is not use to seeing in their size and athleticism, will take a little while to get there IMO but I believe we'll get there. We're going to eventually play "big boy" FB. I remember coming back to ATL & GT, talking to players from the past and their comments always were similar about the players Bobby Ross had, they just were not used to seeing that type physical player at GT. The results, 1990.
Keion White is how our whole DL should look. I hope we get there soon.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
The kickers kept to themselves in a group during the scrimmage. Some of the practice was field goals from the 30 yard line. I did not watch all, but most were going through the upright. They moved back but my attention was on the scrimmage. Not sure what the longest made was.

I can say that the field goal at the end of the "down by 2 with 2:00 min to go" drill was good from the twentysomething. That is encouraging.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
After hearing reports so far from camp, Sims seriously taking the next step on the field and off the field, a true offensive coordinator, weinke, chaney and long working with Sims and a defensive unit that’s physically there with our opponents size wise and Collins taking **** seriously has me drinking the juice. I’m officially hyped for tech football this year. I am sipping on the kool aid.