Fall Camp News

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
already rooting for sims to get benched. agendas are crazy man
Never said that. You must have an agenda. I will say that if Sims plays like garbage like we’ve seen the past two years then Long will absolutely bench him and then you can say he has an agenda. This is P5 football. A starting QB should be able to complete the simple passes. We’ll find out within 3 games if Sims is up to the task.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I’m implying everything we are seeing now from players and coaches is the exact same as we heard 1 year ago. And what did Collins team do for him in game 1? They freaking laid down. It’s no different than what Johnson’s players did for him in his last game. They laid down. I hope Collins goes undefeated this season. But that has nothing to do with the past. Us fans have zero input to the coaching or the results. So you guys trying to determine who “good fans” or “bad fans“ is a bunch of nothing. Actions are the only things that matter. Maybe Collins players will actually fight for him this year. But they sure haven’t done it yet and he sure hasn‘t pushed them to do it.
I don’t think they laid down on Paul. The Minnesota team was much better than we were. Last year vs Notre Dame. Now that’s a lay down.

I also have my doubts, but it’s almost show me time anyway. Might as well cheer on the brave and hope they can do it.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I’m implying everything we are seeing now from players and coaches is the exact same as we heard 1 year ago. And what did Collins team do for him in game 1? They freaking laid down. It’s no different than what Johnson’s players did for him in his last game. They laid down. I hope Collins goes undefeated this season. But that has nothing to do with the past. Us fans have zero input to the coaching or the results. So you guys trying to determine who “good fans” or “bad fans“ is a bunch of nothing. Actions are the only things that matter. Maybe Collins players will actually fight for him this year. But they sure haven’t done it yet and he sure hasn‘t pushed them to do it.
Do you have any idea how many injuries we had going into Notre Dame? We had no depth at the beginning of the year, but the starters were decent and got us out to 3-3. When injuries set in we had no depth, and the talent level was about the same as an FCS team, unfortunately No one laid down--except maybe Gibbs who refused to play against Georgie. If the team laid down in the first game, why would it then beat UNC a couple of games later?

And I will again say to you that the team we lost to in game 1, NIU, was an FBS conference champion. NIU beat Alabama in 2003, too. Did they lay down? And Paul Johnson lost to a bad Kansas team and a bad MTSU team. It happens. Tech beat Alabama on the road in 1981 and didn't win another game--happended in game 1. Stuff happens, especially in game 1.

Your unfounded criticism of the players and coaches is getting old.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Never said that. You must have an agenda. I will say that if Sims plays like garbage like we’ve seen the past two years then Long will absolutely bench him and then you can say he has an agenda. This is P5 football. A starting QB should be able to complete the simple passes. We’ll find out within 3 games if Sims is up to the task.
I certainly hope the light goes on for him this year, but you're right, after three games we should know one way or the other.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
The good thing is reports from coaches, players, and fans indicate Sims has been very sharp so far. Hopefully that continues and translates on game day.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
At the scrimmage today, saw what appeared to me a vastly improved Jeff Sims, looks like we may be able to run the ball, OL improved but still have some work to do on pass protection, although it appeared better top me. If we can continue improvement from here throughout the year, I will be satisfied we're turning this thing around. Have no idea what our record will be, just keep moving the improvement needle forward.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
At the scrimmage today, saw what appeared to me a vastly improved Jeff Sims, looks like we may be able to run the ball, OL improved but still have some work to do on pass protection, although it appeared better top me. If we can continue improvement from here throughout the year, I will be satisfied we're turning this thing around. Have no idea what our record will be, just keep moving the improvement needle forward.
Sims is good

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree with your statement. I don’t care about wins or losses. I know I differ from many who use wins as the measuring stick. While true that wins are really the true measure of any competition, in P5 football where the playoffs are already set before the season starts (this will change once it’s expanded to give every school a fair shot) a school like GT isn’t really playing for anything of consequence other than pure pride. That’s why I don’t care if we win or lose since the entire system is rigged, but we gotta at least field a team we can take pride in. 100-0 was far from that. Letting NIU and Citadel come into our stadium and play tougher than we did was far from that. I hope we win win every game, but I’m fine if we just play hard. That’s been my biggest issue with Collins. He says all the right things and I totally agree with his vision, but you can’t say all those things and then have your team lay down and play at low levels week after week for 3 straight seasons. And when you juxtapose him with the other in state coach who demands his players play hard it’s been just hard to watch and see any silver lining. I watch a lot of high level high school football down here in South Georgia and these teams may lose but they freaking fight because their coach demands it. I have seen very little accountability from Collins towards the players.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Crazy to think how refreshing it is to hear him sound like an actual coach, maybe for the first time ever imo. Ready for the season
The news today about Long focusing on the OL, and then the Hevesy hire, and now this very competent sounding interview have got me pumped.
Man, I hope it's a new day around here. New coaches, new approach, focus, demeanor and attitude, getting down to business - about time we came out of this funk. Maybe this is the year.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
He really does I feel optimism. I'm scared I'm falling for it again, but I believe as well
Yup. Me too. Sigh.

1660471274754.png

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I agree with your statement. I don’t care about wins or losses. I know I differ from many who use wins as the measuring stick. While true that wins are really the true measure of any competition, in P5 football where the playoffs are already set before the season starts (this will change once it’s expanded to give every school a fair shot) a school like GT isn’t really playing for anything of consequence other than pure pride. That’s why I don’t care if we win or lose since the entire system is rigged, but we gotta at least field a team we can take pride in. 100-0 was far from that. Letting NIU and Citadel come into our stadium and play tougher than we did was far from that. I hope we win win every game, but I’m fine if we just play hard. That’s been my biggest issue with Collins. He says all the right things and I totally agree with his vision, but you can’t say all those things and then have your team lay down and play at low levels week after week for 3 straight seasons. And when you juxtapose him with the other in state coach who demands his players play hard it’s been just hard to watch and see any silver lining. I watch a lot of high level high school football down here in South Georgia and these teams may lose but they freaking fight because their coach demands it. I have seen very little accountability from Collins towards the players.
“It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both.” Machiavelli