Fall Camp News

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I'm pulling for Thacker all the way, I'm cautiously optimistic he'll do a good job this year, get the feeling he damn sure wants to. I don't know what the W/L record will be, but have a feeling they will look much better coached this year at least as the year goes on. Hope we have enough speed on defense. This just me, but I feel as if this is CGC's first team, I've always felt like he was just getting through the first three years as best he could, now he can do his thing, whatever that is.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I know the product hasn’t been sufficient on D but boy do I want to keep rooting for CAT to turn the corner and get us right.

He is a likable guy and seems genuine
A path to being good can go in fits and spurts. I think that cgc and he are hooked at the hip working to install a coordinated defense. Last year when the wheels starting falling off - dbs pointing at each other, etc furing games CAT was busy w the LB. If this works I will give cgc credit for adapting.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Collins own players allowed a nobody to come into their home to start 2021 (after a full off season) and punch their coach in the face. That is what those closest to Collins allowed to happen. That’s what they think of him.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Collins own players allowed a nobody to come into their home to start 2021 (after a full off season) and punch their coach in the face. That is what those closest to Collins allowed to happen. That’s what they think of him.
"Collins own players....." Collins had two recruiting years to bring in his "own" players for 2021. Yet, with Covid, the players spanned 6 recruiting classes.

The lengths some people will go to criticize Collins on this board is amazing. What is the agenda? Certainly not objectivity.

And by the way, that "nobody" is an FCS team that won its conference championship.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
"Collins own players....." Collins had two recruiting years to bring in his "own" players for 2021. Yet, with Covid, the players spanned 6 recruiting classes.

The lengths some people will go to criticize Collins on this board is amazing. What is the agenda? Certainly not objectivity.

And by the way, that "nobody" is an FCS team that won its conference championship.
I meant to say FBS team that won its conference championship.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I know the product hasn’t been sufficient on D but boy do I want to keep rooting for CAT to turn the corner and get us right.

He certainly seems knowledgeable enough. I'm really pulling for him to get things turned around this year. If he does and Chip creates the same amount of production at his other stops, it could be a surprisingly good year.

If those two things happen and we get 7 plus wins while looking competent/competitive overall, I suspect most of the fan base would make an about turn.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer

I've never doubted his energy, desire, dedication, or sincerity. He is likable and he is a representative of Georgia Tech. I am very hopeful he is able to lead our defense in some real, tangible improvement that helps us get a bunch more wins than any of the prior three seasons.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer

Couple thoughts:

1.) It’s good to see Thacker calling out Derrik Allen as needing to show solid tackling on tape. He led the team in missed tackle % last year. I’ll be honest, I haven’t seen much to be hopeful about on the field from Allen so far. Looking forward to being wrong.

2.) I thought Jaylon King was solid for us in the secondary last year. Nice to hear he’s locked the other safety position down.

3.) Thacker’s excited about Clayton Powell-Lee, not surprising he’s so advanced considering his lineage.

4.) IMO Thacker’s comment about player leadership alignment at all three levels was a telling comment about previous seasons’ lack of leadership alignment.

5.) Eley was excited to talk about Tatum. Tatum will hopefully be given a shot early if our LBs struggle. Also, Eley should definitely get into coaching after his playing career.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Couple thoughts:

1.) It’s good to see Thacker calling out Derrik Allen as needing to show solid tackling on tape. He led the team in missed tackle % last year. I’ll be honest, I haven’t seen much to be hopeful about on the field from Allen so far. Looking forward to being wrong.

2.) I thought Jaylon King was solid for us in the secondary last year. Nice to hear he’s locked the other safety position down.

3.) Thacker’s excited about Clayton Powell-Lee, not surprising he’s so advanced considering his lineage.

4.) IMO Thacker’s comment about player leadership alignment at all three levels was a telling comment about previous seasons’ lack of leadership alignment.

5.) Eley was excited to talk about Tatum. Tatum will hopefully be given a shot early if our LBs struggle. Also, Eley should definitely get into coaching after his playing career.

Eley's dad was just hired on at GT as an analyst. His dad was the head coach at Alabama State. Coaching is in his blood for sure.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
He certainly seems knowledgeable enough. I'm really pulling for him to get things turned around this year. If he does and Chip creates the same amount of production at his other stops, it could be a surprisingly good year.

If those two things happen and we get 7 plus wins while looking competent/competitive overall, I suspect most of the fan base would make an about turn.
Is that hint of optimism I detect? Only kidding, but this is how I know you are a Tech fan - despite our constant frustrations over the past few years, we still hope for Tech to win and can string together that scenario in our heads.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Are you implying here that the players laid down and took a Loss? I am not sure I follow the logic behind your post.

The game certainly was disappointing, and the coaching staff owns their Losses the same way they own their Wins. Having said that, I don't think I have seen a game where the team gave up (save maybe the last two games of last season).

If anything, to my eye at least, the team has largely rallied around themselves - coaching staff included - despite the deserved noise and turmoil surrounding the program.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck

Day 5 notes

Day 5 notes
I can't ever find this on the app

CEB

Helluva Engineer
There is an AJC ePaper app that looks to be actual published paper articles and there is an AJC News app that has more content updated frequently that doesn’t appear to be published. You want the latter