Fake defensive injuries

SwarmingRound

Georgia Tech Fan
First of all, hell of a finish to an amazing game to get to a 5-2 start.

However, I am so embarrassed to see Tech defensive players coordinating which one of them should fake an injury in this UNC game, on UNC's last scoring drive.

They did it multiple times. I am appalled. This is not "whatever it takes to win," it is cowardly, unsportsmanlike, and max cringe.

If the other team did it, I'd be up in arms, and I'm even more upset that we would do it.

As a proud double jacket alum and multi decade fan, I cannot endorse this brand of football. If I see them do this crap again, I will be incredibly disappointed.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer

However, I am so embarrassed to see Tech defensive players coordinating which one of them should fake an injury in this UNC game, on UNC's last scoring drive.

They did it multiple times. I am appalled. This is not "whatever it takes to win," it is cowardly, unsportsmanlike, and max cringe.

If the other team did it, I'd be up in arms, and I'm even more upset that we would do it.

As a proud double jacket alum and multi decade fan, I cannot endorse this brand of football. If I see them do this crap again, I will be incredibly disappointed.
Agree, I don't care if other teams do this. It's unprofessional and desperate. Key should shut this down asap
Even if the refs aren't on our side , We are better than this

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

It will likely create a rules change. Maybe the injured player can't reenter the game during that series. Only one play now.

SwarmingRound

Georgia Tech Fan
If ya ain’t cheating ya ain’t trying.

When you cheat to win, the win becomes less meaningful. Just look at how people view the Houston Astros world series that they won. It means less.

Sometimes there's a fine line between gaming the system and cheating. This is not one of them. I am all for gaming the system within the rules. Hack-a-shaq is gaming the system. Hidden ball trick is gaming the system. All good. Intentionally faking an injury is unacceptable on any level.

One of the hallmarks of American football is toughness. This is the antithesis of that and undermines everything that this game is supposed to represent. The minute that people are hurt, the game stops and we handle it. This makes it impossible to address legitimate injuries.

Backstreetbuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
You do whatever is legal, but the NCAA needs to stop it. Any injury costs you a TO, if you are out of TOs, 30 seconds off the clock or 10 yards per choice of other team.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Agreed it’s cheap.

But like Lane says…make me stop doing it. Create a rule.

If it’s gonna slow the game down for the defense, and give them a breather, while being in the rules? Why not?

The conversation about not doing it because it’s immoral? This isn’t the Boy Scouts.

Just my two cents. Unfortunately, we have to worry about actual injuries.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
When you cheat to win, the win becomes less meaningful. Just look at how people view the Houston Astros world series that they won. It means less.

Sometimes there's a fine line between gaming the system and cheating. This is not one of them. I am all for gaming the system within the rules. Hack-a-shaq is gaming the system. Hidden ball trick is gaming the system. All good. Intentionally faking an injury is unacceptable on any level.

One of the hallmarks of American football is toughness. This is the antithesis of that and undermines everything that this game is supposed to represent. The minute that people are hurt, the game stops and we handle it. This makes it impossible to address legitimate injuries.
Ever heard of UNCheat? Anyways, it’s not cheating. It’s a loophole. Exploit the loophole as long as you can. It’s part of life. Sports, taxes, business, etc.

Ramblnwrek

Georgia Tech Fan

No offense @SwarmingRound but with 15+ years of cheating under UNC's belt (https://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/us/unc-report-academic-fraud/index.html). They deserve a bit of medicine until the year 2050. **** their program.

SwarmingRound

Georgia Tech Fan
It was hot as hell 3 rows from the field. I’m sure some may have been legitimate cramps. Their fans were 10000% mad though.

On the replay you could see #44 start to fake the injury and then he stops his fake as he looks over at the defensive end who just falls down. I never accuse people of faking injuries because I assume they are men and have the integrity to not do it. But in this case it was the most blatant thing I have ever seen.