Facing revenue shortfall, Georgia Tech implementing furloughs

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Sign of the times. Lots of companies doing the same.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...mplementing-furloughs/Pnh7EnP21G4Ahr9WOX7BRI/

People need to still purchase their annual season tickets and attend/support events when they open back up.

I do think with the improved Rusty C and newly approved alcohol sales, AD revenue will get a nice boost from Baseball. Would be nice also if they adopt the new Baseball model and remove baseball from competing with basketball for students and attendees and would also reduce travel budgets and guarantees paid to the Northern teams to come play here.

The new turf at BD should help open up for graduations and they're thinking concerts. $1M/concert wouldn't hurt. (not sure what they does to the turf though...).

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Sign of the times. Lots of companies doing the same.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...mplementing-furloughs/Pnh7EnP21G4Ahr9WOX7BRI/

People need to still purchase their annual season tickets and attend/support events when they open back up.

I do think with the improved Rusty C and newly approved alcohol sales, AD revenue will get a nice boost from Baseball. Would be nice also if they adopt the new Baseball model and remove baseball from competing with basketball for students and attendees and would also reduce travel budgets and guarantees paid to the Northern teams to come play here.

The new turf at BD should help open up for graduations and they're thinking concerts. $1M/concert wouldn't hurt. (not sure what they does to the turf though...).

Totally agree that people need to support our programs now more than ever. GT baseball offered full refunds for season tickets this year. I declined. My primary purpose for having season tickets is to support the program (and be first in line for post-season tickets!). Missing Tech baseball. Hopefully we'll be back in February.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
I hope this helps drive the new baseball model and shift the season start out to mid march after basketball to allow "most" of the programs to cut some travel costs and boost attendance and sales (Merch/food/alcohol) and help the guys with a later start date to allow them to more safely ramp up for the spring season and get "deeper" into their classes before season starts. Yes people have to house players in June but only 16 teams make it to beyond July 4th in the new model. Definitely a greater good.

Dip$hits at NCAA just extended the dead period to 8/31....LUNACY. No college camps or money makers for the volunteer coaches and chance for 21-23 to be see in action this summer. Yet the footballers can return to campus and train and the kids will be back in School in August, but lets mess with all other sports.....

I get it and they better not mess with Football season as that is the major money maker for most schools and we'll all be in a world of hurt if they mess with the Football season....

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Totally agree that people need to support our programs now more than ever. GT baseball offered full refunds for season tickets this year. I declined. My primary purpose for having season tickets is to support the program (and be first in line for post-season tickets!). Missing Tech baseball. Hopefully we'll be back in February.
I also turned my season in to the baseball program.
Nice! ...good things happen to good folks! ...at least that's what I hope for both of you & those like you.