Expectations

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
My preseason expectations are still the same at 7-5 or 8-4 and Saturday didn't change that at all.

I think people ebb and flow with each game and base expectations upon the latest result.
Things that have to be factored is the sheer amount of travel to begin the year. Heading to Ireland. Back to Atlanta. Off to NY back-to-back to back isn't easy on the most mature of us let alone college kids with crazy schedules at a school like Tech.

I don't believe Saturday defines our season. We ran into a heisman level performance from McCord.
Are there issues that are concerning. You bet but just like beating FSU didn't mean we were heading to the ACC championship game. Neither does losing on Saturday to the cuse eliminate us from the acc title game either.
We found out Saturday that ND, NC State and Va Tech won't be the gauntlet we once thought. Not saying they are gimmie games however, we certainly can win all three of these games.

Time to move on from the game in NY. I just want to see Santucci develop and teach the D to get better each and every week. I want to see us get physical again and run the ball against VMI and Louisville.

I thought we'd be 2-1 preseason and we are now 2-1.

Does it matter that FSU stinks? Not really. We won. That's a FSU problem. Not a tech one.

On to VMI. Let's go Jackets!!!

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Agreed.

Not one of the best game plans from Buster however; our oline got pushed around a bit and yes that did concern me.
Given this oline went toe to toe with uga last year and no problems with FSU's dline, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that this was our pour game for them on Saturday.

If this becomes a trend over the course of the season, then I'll certainly have concerns.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
8 wins including a Bowl win. Even with the disappointing showing at Syracuse, we are improving across the board including recruiting with NIL commitment. If we accomplish this, next years expectations should be much higher.

So outside of that, my expectations are to enjoy the campus pregame activities and the remaining 9 games.
GTJake

As a single dad, I couldn't agree more with the above statement.
I love Saturdays on the flats with my son.
I'm hoping to take my son to a road game this year since he is now in hs.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Some on here make me laugh, if we have what y'all call a good game Buster is praised all that week. And then people are worried another team will pay him more to leave Tech.
Y'all need to understand that he is at every practice and some of the things you may want him to call he knows the odds are they won't work. Also, there are times we are saying why are we running this play, sometimes you set up the defense to look for a look for a certain play to see what will work. sometimes if you don't have enough on film to see what they would do on a play, and you run it to see how they handle it. guess what you may run that play a few times to see if they tendencies to do the same thing. And then there are time a player may not execute right, and we may not see it or know what to look for on that play,
but he does.
Every play is designed to score if and only if all 11 players do what they are supposed to do. sound easy but it's not. Even a defensive player can screw up a play on offense by not doing what he is supposed to do on a certain play.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
By no stretch of the imagination was I blaming Buster for what happened on Saturday. We have an outstanding staff imo.

Just not one of his highlight reels of play calling. I thought the Cuse stacked the box and dared us to beat them over the top and up the middle. This is the game where losing Seither imo hurts the most. Boyd beat the Cuse consistently but I think Seither could've had a huge game with how the Cuse played us.

Our lineman getting absolutely trucked on that 4th down play in the 4th has nothing to do with Buster. He can call the perfect game plan but getting pushed around overrides a great scheme.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
GTJake

As a single dad, I couldn't agree more with the above statement.
I love Saturdays on the flats with my son.
I'm hoping to take my son to a road game this year since he is now in hs.
I originally thought moving Yellow Jacket Alley to the North Avenue side of the stadium was a bad idea. But, blocking off North Avenue, The Block Party Concert and the activities surrounding it are fantastic !

The picture in my avatar is about 20 Years Old, my Youngest Daughter has 1-year old twins and can't make it, but my wife and I are taking my oldest Daughter this weekend. Great family fun for us !

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
I originally thought moving Yellow Jacket Alley to the North Avenue side of the stadium was a bad idea. But, blocking off North Avenue, The Block Party Concert and the activities surrounding it are fantastic !

The picture in my avatar is about 20 Years Old, my Youngest Daughter has 1-year old twins and can't make it, but my wife and I are taking my oldest Daughter this weekend. Great family fun for us !
Agreed.

Pregame festivities are fun, and I believe that brings in new fans.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
We beat VMI & Duke gives us 4 wins.
We beat 2 out of 3 with NCSU, VT, UNC makes 6, and we upset 1 of L'ville, ND, & Miami gives us 7 wins. I'm sticking with 7-5.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think 6 wins is a realistic number. VMI, Duke, one of Miami, NC St or Notre Dame at home and either UNC or VT on the road. Louisville and UGA look like very long shots to me on the road.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
None of us know because parity has reached college football outside of the top 10 or so teams. There are good high school players all over this country and the portal is allowing them to be spread out. We have no idea who will win between us and Louisville because it all depends on performance on that day. Same with ND, NC State, VT, UNC, Miami, etc. UGA has proven to be above us on the football field so it will take a unique circumstance for us to win that game. But, no fan knows the outcome of any game within the large middle tier of teams that are essentially even. We could win 8 or we could win 4 as it comes down to game day performance. The good news is we are now in the mix unlike the previous 4 years where we were in a lower tier.

slugboy

Staff member
It’s a little early still, but this is from https://kfordratings.com/projections

The “miss” column is who we don’t play. I think this underestimates us, but we have some flaws to address.

1725896979243.png

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I know the trend can't last forever, but I feel good about us playing a ranked Louisville, Miami, and Notre Dame.

I feel worse about an unranked UNC and Duke. And the Techmo Bowl against Virginia Tech always worries me.

To sum up: Classic GT season. We'll win at least 1 we shouldn't win, and we'll lose at least 1 we shouldn't lose. Not sure if we've seen either of those scenarios yet.