Expect: Beau Davidson (Dir. of player personnel) to Memphis

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I don't think anyone on this site has a rolodex of Directors of Player Personnel. I don't know who this guy is, but I imagine it's not a particularly hard position to backfill.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I don't think anyone on this site has a rolodex of Directors of Player Personnel. I don't know who this guy is, but I imagine it's not a particularly hard position to backfill.
Need another "Master Of" to break all recruiting records both real and imaginary

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure these support staff people are very important, but I'd like to know what a General Manager, Chief of Staff or a Director of Player Personnel does at Tech. The "Director" title seems to be used often. Most titles are self explanatory like Director of Scouting or Director of Player Development, but for example what is a Director Of Research and Analytics or a Director Of Executive Operations. Believe me, I'm not being critical, I'm sure each one of these positions has a good purpose, but I'd just like to know what each Director does.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Does a football team’s Strength and Conditioning Coach report directly to the Director of Player Development?

Or …

Is the Director of Player Development — at Georgia Tech, at least — directly responsible for overseeing each player’s personal academic development?

Or both?

I dunno.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Does a football team’s Strength and Conditioning Coach report directly to the Director of Player Development?

Or …

Is the Director of Player Development — at Georgia Tech, at least — directly responsible for overseeing each player’s personal academic development?

Or both?

I dunno.
Yeah, I'm just guessing, but I think Director Of Research and Analytics is a fancy name for a scout. :cool:
I'm like you, I dunno.

WraleighWreck

Georgia Tech Fan
We either have vastly increased the size of our support staff with all the “Directors” we appear to have on staff or our football team has the current corporate mentality where everyone is a director and the title is basically meaningless.

link3945

Jolly Good Fellow
We either have vastly increased the size of our support staff with all the “Directors” we appear to have on staff or our football team has the current corporate mentality where everyone is a director and the title is basically meaningless.
Both.

Poodletop

Georgia Tech Fan
I’m kind of curious about what exactly those “recruiting analyst” girls over in muttland are “analyzing” 🤷🏻‍♂️