Exhibition today on tv?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Try launching an incognito window. It should let you sign in to a different provider.
Thanks. Watching on my phone because apparently going incognito on my tablet is not enough to keep the Nazi bastards from blocking the game. ESPN still thinks my phone’s in Atlanta apparently.

GT_EE78

Banned
with 8 min remaing
GaT Specialty Stats
Bench Points 40
Points In Paint 38
Points off Turns 12
Opp Turnovers 12
2nd Chance Points 16
Off Rebounds 15
Fastbreak Points 20
Layups 14-22
Dunks 5-6

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thanks. Watching on my phone because apparently going incognito on my tablet is not enough to keep the Nazi bastards from blocking the game. ESPN still thinks my phone’s in Atlanta apparently.

Isn't the game being blocked due to capitalists?

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow
I was there - some thought and comments.

Starting 5- Banks, Moses, Moore, Phillips and Jose.
--- Devoe and Usher did not play
Not sure anyone played more than about 20 minutes - multiple different type of lineups (small, big, etc.).
Pushed ball and played faster than last few years, will be interesting to see if they sustain that vs. tougher teams. They were patient when GA College went to tight zone.

Banks - took a couple jumpers (one from 15 feet, another from 7-8) did not make them but looked good doing it. Ga College did not go inside much.
Moses - only took good shots inside (no threes or anything outside 5 feet) - made some good plays and some bad plays ... hope he does not try to repeat the behind the back dribble on drive (made a 6 foot runner). Did not play much at the 5 (Cole did when Banks was out)
Moore - looked more confident on offense - mainly drove and rebounded ... got to the line a lot ... very aggressive on ball defense
Phillips - started out good, then disappeared .... did not think he played bad but did not stand out ... he did good job locking up #1 to start second half (#1 had nearly 20, mostly from 3, in first half).
Jose - played good - made some threes, good drives ... couple bad decisions but mostly good ones.

New players
Bubba - can shoot it ... second halg GA College packed in a tight zone and he hit 4 3's in about 5-6 minutes to blow it open ... The step back three he hit in first half was thing of bueaty .... He played mostly at the point and pushed the ball and made a lot of good passes. He was struggling on D but the guy he was on was really quick ...
Price - made a nice three, I see potential to be very good, but made several bad passes and decisions (along with some good ones) ... great looking stroke.
Didenko - How in the world was he only playing 10 minutes on a JUCO team ... played the 3 and a stretch 4 .. made two threes (one from nearly 30 feet) ... might struggle on D against quick players and did not handle ball much (mainly catch/shoot). Did crash boards ... about same height as Cole but skills for perimeter. He and Bubba put on a show in warm ups draining a lot of threes.

Returning players
Sjouland - drove a lot more than just shooting threes ... made some bad decisions at times, but was very aggressive. He has been in weight room (along with Moses) and physically stronger (will not get pushed around as easily as last year). Made 1 three (1 for 3?) ... I saw improvement, but he struggled at times today to make good decisions.
Cole - On offense did nice job at high post ... albeit not vs. ACC Calliber defender or size. Made good passes, stayed in the paint mostly - finished most of the plays he should have inside.

Cole played the 5 when Banks was out, Wright played it for a couple minutes. Didenko was on the perimeter - did not play inside. Jose ran the point when in, and Bubba when he was in - did not play them together today. Phillips also ran the point some towards the end.

Definitely Pastners most talented team - a lot of good parts.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Saw stats.--bad points were 17 TOs (they had 11 steals off us). Cole was only 5-10 on FTs and Banks 1-3. We couldn't stop their 3s much it seemed.
Looks like we can hit 3s and that was without Devoe.The Ala game will show if DEf rebs will be a big problem maybe.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the game. Glandon1960's summary above is on point. The only thing that I would add is that me, my wife and son take full credit for locking down their #1 in the second half with the airball chant ;) I think he only made one or so more shots after we got in his head ;)

Pretty poor crowd, but I know it was just a lousy exhibition game. Our team has definitely added more talent and experience since last year, which will hopefully pay dividends. I wasn't too impressed with our guys' intensity at times during the game. Georgia College got it back to 7 points in the second half, which really shouldn't have happened. But, our guys got it together down the stretch and put them away, thanks in large part to Bubba's 3 point shooting. He can be a big addition to this team.

Wish we had got to see Devoe and Usher. I think I heard a while back that Devoe has the same toe injury as last year. What about Usher? Injured or sitting out due to transfer rules?

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Parnham is good. Phillips shouldnt be in the rotation. Banks shot is ugly, trying to work on it now but hopefully gets them out of his system now in the exhibition. Price looks like he has potential. What happened to Coles shot? I thought coming out of hs he was suppose to be able to shoot. He did some good things around the basket though. Jose looked good and his shot looked better.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not much to add that hasn’t already been said, but I thought Double D (Didenko) looked pretty smooth offensively.

He really looked comfortable shooting the 3, and he really distributed the ball well. It looked like they put him in the high post a couple of times. On one occasion, he made a really nice entry pass to Cole for an easy two.

It will be curious to see if he can remain in the rotation, but he looked better than Sjolund to me.

Rzunz

Jolly Good Fellow
Not much to add that hasn’t already been said, but I thought Double D (Didenko) looked pretty smooth offensively.

He really looked comfortable shooting the 3, and he really distributed the ball well. It looked like they put him in the high post a couple of times. On one occasion, he made a really nice entry pass to Cole for an easy two.

It will be curious to see if he can remain in the rotation, but he looked better than Sjolund to me.
I figured DD would be redshirted but maybe not! Sure looks like a traffic jam for a couple of open spots. Then when Usher returns...I sure like Khalid Moore. And Bubba is awesome!!

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Is Parham kind of like Will Bynum? We know how much Hewitt's teams struggled in the half court. His ability to make things happen outside the offensive structure were crucial to our championship run.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Is Parham kind of like Will Bynum? We know how much Hewitt's teams struggled in the half court. His ability to make things happen outside the offensive structure were crucial to our championship run.
He can score but hes not going to be yamming on people like Will did.