Excuse my ignorance ... as usual...

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm looking at NCAA scores and there seem to be several teams playing non-school affiliated clubs? Kennesaw St v. Bearcats, George Mason vs. The Eagles, Central Michigan Vs. The Panthers, Northwestern St Vs. The Knights, Georgia St. Vs Another Eagles squad, Southern U vs. Wildcats, Oral Roberts vs. The Golden Eagles, Southern Indiana vs. Fighting Saints, Long Beach State vs. The Toros, San Diego State vs. The Firebirds.

All of those games are tonight. Are these holiday exhibitions? Do they count? What am I missing?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You'll have to pardon my ignorance as well. Because I don't even understand your question.

:ROFLMAO:

I know there are usually holiday tournaments this time of year. Rarely will you see teams from the same league play each other. Is that what you mean?

SuperToe

Georgia Tech Fan
They could be non Division I or non NCAA opponents. For example, ESPN says Kennesaw St played Brescia, a NAIA school from Kentucky.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks for the responses.

I'm looking at the CBS sports MBB scores page.

The listed records of these schools are irregular. The Toros don't have a record, The Firebirds are 0-1, The Fighting Saints are 0-1, The Golden Eagles are 0-1, etc. That means they haven't played other Div 1 schools?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I checked CBS sports, via app so might be different view, but am not seeing by mascot name. Did find out that GAST ( Ga State) beat TOCCF (wasn't familiar with them... Toccoa Falls) 122-45 though.
1000003795.png