Excitement galore!!!!

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I truly believe that in college football today, motivation and "buying in " is a close second to pure talent. In my almost 70 years - 5 at Tech- I have NEVER seen or heard the equal to Collins, not even close. I keep watching and listening to get maybe a hint of phony , or inconsistency. Not an iota...
At this point , everyone is locked in and will absolutely give their all to be successful as a program. I think that will carry a lot further than the experts are predicting. Will that produce wins over Clempsun or the Dwags ? IMO, unfortunately not. They just have an overwhelming talent advantage. But I truly feel , if we can have minimal injuries, and some good breaks, we COULD be looking at 8-4.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I truly believe that in college football today, motivation and "buying in " is a close second to pure talent. In my almost 70 years - 5 at Tech- I have NEVER seen or heard the equal to Collins, not even close. I keep watching and listening to get maybe a hint of phony , or inconsistency. Not an iota...
At this point , everyone is locked in and will absolutely give their all to be successful as a program. I think that will carry a lot further than the experts are predicting. Will that produce wins over Clempsun or the Dwags ? IMO, unfortunately not. They just have an overwhelming talent advantage. But I truly feel , if we can have minimal injuries, and some good breaks, we COULD be looking at 8-4.

The longer I coach myself, the more I learn that the most effective way to motivate and coach kids is to be who you are and lean into that relentlessly. (This assumes you love kids and care about seeing them become successful adults). If you have the right motives, and you know what you are talking about, then the only choice is to be yourself. This generation of kids can smell a phony a mile away. This is why I loved CPJ, and also why I have like CGC so far. The kids don't seem to see CGC as phony (yet), so I'll assume he is simply being himself to the fullest. CPJ did this, too. And his players respected the heck out of him and gave their all.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
The longer I coach myself, the more I learn that the most effective way to motivate and coach kids is to be who you are and lean into that relentlessly. (This assumes you love kids and care about seeing them become successful adults). If you have the right motives, and you know what you are talking about, then the only choice is to be yourself. This generation of kids can smell a phony a mile away. This is why I loved CPJ, and also why I have like CGC so far. The kids don't seem to see CGC as phony (yet), so I'll assume he is simply being himself to the fullest. CPJ did this, too. And his players respected the heck out of him and gave their all.
I agree CPJ did this, as most good coaches do. But , unfortunately I might add, CFB has changed BIGTIME, in the last several years. Today , especially for schools like Tech , you have to be a salesman. Get SAs who will accept the challenge that is Tech , buy in , and are forward looking enough to see the longer term benefits. IMO, CPJ was not the best person to do that. He was/is genuine... kind of like Bobby Ross, or Joe Paterno. But that day has passed. I really wish we did not have/need all the theatrics, etc. that CFB has nowadays. But as CPJ would say... " It is what it is ".