Everything Wrong With Ga Tech football

Swarm-Phinny

Georgia Tech Fan
Interested to get fans perspective on this disaster of a program. I got a few things I would like to rant about. Would love to hear what you all have to say.
1. Is the administration serious about athletics? Does Cabrera actually care? Our athletic budget is so small compared to other teams.
2. Do we have the fan base to support a constant winning team? The reality is we have a small fragile cheap fanbase :) Tech fans want a winning team but will not even give 20$ a month to TECH WAY NIL……
Where should the donors put their money. Do we even have enough money to compete? How much money does the TECH WAY have?
3. The fan experience sucks. I hate the DJ and the fan tour guide thing that is cheesy as hell. Give me the band and “all the way turnt up” enough with the gimmick BS. The whole experience is cringe.
4. A culture of losing players and fans ………… thanks Collins

I have more but these are just a few things I find wrong with the program, what are some chances y’all would like to see in order to get this program back in the right direction.

1976jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Interested to get fans perspective on this disaster of a program. I got a few things I would like to rant about. Would love to hear what you all have to say.
1. Is the administration serious about athletics? Does Cabrera actually care? Our athletic budget is so small compared to other teams.
2. Do we have the fan base to support a constant winning team? The reality is we have a small fragile cheap fanbase :) Tech fans want a winning team but will not even give 20$ a month to TECH WAY NIL……
Where should the donors put their money. Do we even have enough money to compete? How much money does the TECH WAY have?
3. The fan experience sucks. I hate the DJ and the fan tour guide thing that is cheesy as hell. Give me the band and “all the way turnt up” enough with the gimmick BS. The whole experience is cringe.

I have more but these are just a few things I find wrong with the program, what are some chances y’all would like to see in order to get this program back in the right direction.
#1. Cabrera is the one that showed football coach AND athletic director the door. That was a start considering the mess. You know another Tech president who stepped in and did that? Does he set athletic budget?
#4 . I think that’s why Cabrera did #1; he knew it was going the wrong way.

Swarm-Phinny

Georgia Tech Fan
#1. Cabrera is the one that showed football coach AND athletic director the door. That was a start considering the mess. You know another Tech president who stepped in and did that? Does he set athletic budget?
#4 . I think that’s why Cabrera did #1; he knew it was going the wrong way.
It’s the least he could do after hiring stansbury

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Well, your list is mostly right.

Never thought I would need to remember ear plugs for a football game.

Yes, we are a cheap fan base. We short changed CPJ even as fans carped about him not winning enough. Program was taking major hits before Collins arrived through failure to “keep up with the Jones.”
When Collins arrived we need a miracle worker and someone fresh and exciting. We got the exact opposite of that and drove a stake through the heart of the fan base. Nationally our program became a laughing stock.

We are in the deepest hole I can remember. Hire the best coach in the world and a school like Tech will still struggle in the wilderness for awhile given where we are.

Fans can help this process or make it worse.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
#1) happened last season when our president fired the athletic director and hired JBatt

We're half a season into the effective changes,.I know it feels like a lifetime since GT Football was good (2014) season and maybe 2015. But we have to have patience
And we are now getting ready to tie Georgia’s famous “drought” if I’m not mistaken, the longest stretch without beating our in state rival.

Paul 88

Georgia Tech Fan

Guess I’m an outlier here, but I love the fan experience. I consider the experience the tailgate and then the game. For the tailgate, the campus is beautiful! It’s hard to believe your in the middle of an urban area. The new buildings, hardscapes and trees/plantings are great. All the staff are friendly and nobody is harassing us about rules ( as long as your not acting a fool). People driving around in carts handing out trash bags with big smiles on their faces. From student center area over to Greek houses, it’s a great vibe. I haven’t been to the North Ave block party yet because I enjoy the campus. 2nd piece - the game. Electronic ticketing is great, gate staff super friendly and concessions too. The ability to buy a beer or seltzer is great for those that want it. Food choice is good. Outside of halftime, lines for food and drink are reasonable. I don’t really notice the music but I get that it irritates some people. I hated “money down” with a passion (especially when we were getting beat badly) and they ended that. Overall, I give the fan experience a B+ if I separate the results on the field with the fan experience. As far as football team goes, we are definitely improving. Outside of huge drop off at linebacker position, I think all the other position groups have improved. We need to give Key some time. Don’t get me wrong, I hate it when we lose. However, I believe Key is the coach to turn this around. Go Jackets!!!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Guess I’m an outlier here, but I love the fan experience. I consider the experience the tailgate and then the game. For the tailgate, the campus is beautiful! It’s hard to believe your in the middle of an urban area. The new buildings, hardscapes and trees/plantings are great. All the staff are friendly and nobody is harassing us about rules ( as long as your not acting a fool). People driving around in carts handing out trash bags with big smiles on their faces. From student center area over to Greek houses, it’s a great vibe. I haven’t been to the North Ave block party yet because I enjoy the campus. 2nd piece - the game. Electronic ticketing is great, gate staff super friendly and concessions too. The ability to buy a beer or seltzer is great for those that want it. Food choice is good. Outside of halftime, lines for food and drink are reasonable. I don’t really notice the music but I get that it irritates some people. I hated “money down” with a passion (especially when we were getting beat badly) and they ended that. Overall, I give the fan experience a B+ if I separate the results on the field with the fan experience. As far as football team goes, we are definitely improving. Outside of huge drop off at linebacker position, I think all the other position groups have improved. We need to give Key some time. Don’t get me wrong, I hate it when we lose. However, I believe Key is the coach to turn this around. Go Jackets!!!
glad you enjoyed it wish more people did.

Swarm-Phinny

Georgia Tech Fan
I absolutely enjoy going to tech games but it is a much different feel than it was 10 years ago I guess that is due to the L’s.
- What I don’t like is the acts they perform in the stadium during the game. That’s more my problem with the in game atmosphere.

Vanillalite

Georgia Tech Fan
Stop hiring guys that “fit the mold” or are “GT Men” or connected to the program somehow.

Spend some real cash and go out and get the best coach we can out there who’s a proven winner.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Stop hiring guys that “fit the mold” or are “GT Men” or connected to the program somehow.

Spend some real cash and go out and get the best coach we can out there who’s a proven winner.
I’m guessing that the last time Tech used “real money” to poach a top notch winner was Heisman. After that we either promoted from within or got a former Tech guy. Weirdly, Collins promoted himself as a Tech guy which seemed to be a deciding factor given the lack of money and not very good options to choose from.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m still stuck on item 1.

Yes, firing Goof and Todd was the right move, albeit late… and hiring Batt also seemed like the right move. But that’s where I’m stuck.

We had an opportunity to expunge all of the stink but elected to just call it Goof 2.0 which is exactly what we’re seeing. Losing to MAC teams and ACC bottom feeders following a bye week. The only difference is that we’re paying double (Goof’s money plus current staffing money) to get the same results.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I enjoy the tailgating when we get to do some like yesterday, which was the PERFECT day for it. Gorgeous weather and got to see some friends we hadn't seen in years and it was special in that all of those friends had known our daughter since she was an infant and now she's a GT student (hell yeah I'm gonna keep bringing that up HAH HAH HAH). I don't dig the game stuff that much but I also don't dislike it, either. I do prefer hearing the band but I'm not emotionally attached to having the other music or not.

One question for those in attendance yesterday. Did the dude giving us his best M. Jackson dance moves win the $100 gift card?