Evan Cole to Transfer

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Was it Gregory that recruited the Pool Boys? Did we get anything from those dudes besides piss in our pool & chlorine shortages trying to disinfect the program?

I remember the one who transfered from Kentucky was terrible. Idk what Calipari saw in him, and Solomon was a head case who didnt pan out. Where did he transfer to again? Did he go play for Isaiah Thomas when he was at Fau or Fiu or wherever he was at? I dont remember how he did over there but it couldnt of been to much. And if we rlly picked the poole brothers over monte morris then thats what gets coaches fired...[/QUOTE]

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
I remember the one who transfered from Kentucky was terrible. Idk what Calipari saw in him, and Solomon was a head case who didnt pan out. Where did he transfer to again? Did he go play for Isaiah Thomas when he was at Fau or Fiu or wherever he was at? I dont remember how he did over there but it couldnt of been to much. And if we rlly picked the poole brothers over monte morris then thats what gets coaches fired...
[/QUOTE]

https://fausports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/solomon-poole/431

Here's a link to his player bio @ FAU. He didn't really do much there it seems

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The younger Poole kid was trying to play in the ACC and he should have still been in high school. He was not ready for that level. I saw him play against UNC in the Dean dome and he looked shell shocked in that game. I think both of those kids were way over rated.

slugboy

Staff member
The younger Poole kid was trying to play in the ACC and he should have still been in high school. He was not ready for that level. I saw him play against UNC in the Dean dome and he looked shell shocked in that game. I think both of those kids were way over rated.
This will start off topic, but I'll bring it back. Years ago, I read Joe Garagiola's biography. He said, roughly, "The kids who get to play ball in high school are the best from the surrounding neighborhoods. The ones who get a shot at the minors are the best players that anybody they knew had ever seen. The ones to make the majors were the cream of the crop of four levels of that. I wasn't even the best player on my block". (His best friend growing up and throughout his life was Yogi Berra).

Most of these players have never seen anyone nearly as good as they are. The players getting a scholarship in the ACC are blowing away any competition they've ever seen. They're playing AAU because they don't see enough competition in high school to show their talent, and they're blowing that competition away. It's a rude awakening for a lot of them when the athletes on the other side are suddenly better than they are.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
This will start off topic, but I'll bring it back. Years ago, I read Joe Garagiola's biography. He said, roughly, "The kids who get to play ball in high school are the best from the surrounding neighborhoods. The ones who get a shot at the minors are the best players that anybody they knew had ever seen. The ones to make the majors were the cream of the crop of four levels of that. I wasn't even the best player on my block". (His best friend growing up and throughout his life was Yogi Berra).

Most of these players have never seen anyone nearly as good as they are. The players getting a scholarship in the ACC are blowing away any competition they've ever seen. They're playing AAU because they don't see enough competition in high school to show their talent, and they're blowing that competition away. It's a rude awakening for a lot of them when the athletes on the other side are suddenly better than they are.

Not sure it ever got back on topic. I mean we know that Evan had to face @ChasonBaller prior to coming to Tech.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I actually liked Stacey Poole. He was maybe the only guy on that team that could get to the rim. He just couldn’t shoot a lick.
I liked Stacey too. He was the slasher we needed. Unfortunately, his outside shooting didn't draw the defense to him on the perimeter to allow him to go by them. That limited his ability to penetrate. I don't know if he was divisive in the clubhouse, but it seems his brother was. I have no first-hand knowledge, so this conclusion is based on what I heard and read.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
They must have the Masters program he is wanting. They finished next to last in the WAC in 2019-20. But, if he wanted to be a starter, this is a good spot.
That's funny.

I never thought of Utah Valley as being in the same level of academic quality as GT.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

40 minutes from a direct flight home and plenty of good skiing with a chance to start and put up some numbers for a former NBA player.

Seems like a solid way to spend a year.

Kid's already banked a MGT degree from GT. Go have some fun while your young and can enjoy it.

@ChasonBaller

ETA: Article I haven't read yet.