Evan Cole to Transfer

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
For anyone working from home today, GT vs dook in the 1993 ACC Tourney is on ACCN at 3PM today.

"Working" from home, amirite?

Wow. He stands to gain the most with Banks leaving. I wonder if something is brewing that the coaches have locked in that we haven't heard about yet.

@ChasonBaller got some 'splainin' to do. First, he didn't tell me about Lu. Johnson's music now this? :(

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Posted it in the Transfers thread, but Evan Cole is in the transfer portal.

He was one that I thought we might see in the portal, but he is also one I was hoping we wouldn't see there.

Assuming he is gone, that makes landing an immediately eligible transfer even more important.

Evan was going to be a major piece for us next season. @ChasonBaller - any chance we see him back next season?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He was one that I thought we might see in the portal, but he is also one I was hoping we wouldn't see there.

Assuming he is gone, that makes landing an immediately eligible transfer even more important.

Evan was going to be a major piece for us next season. @ChasonBaller - any chance we see him back next season?

I could see him returning considering he's likely to see a major role increase. I fear we're not done with the portal though. Hope I'm wrong.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So is Sjokund gonna reenter the portal?

Can one re-enter the portal?

I still envision this whenever someone says somebody entered the transfer portal ...

evl.gif

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow

Agree! I am not surprised he is testing the waters - and suspect (someone might be able to confirm) that Pastner was aware of this.
Saba and Meka neither appear ready to play 20+ minutes a game night-in night-out as ACC contributor based on what I have seen of both on film ... I do think both with a year of seasoning will be able to play significant minutes and contribute their second year. I am hoping one (or both) can play 10-15 minutes a game and hold their own most nights this coming season - anything more is a bonus.

Evan should do what is best for Evan. His minutes would definitely increase next year if he stays - but will he average 30+ minutes (I don't know)? If he leaves, it becomes essential that Pastner sign a big that is able to play and contribute immediately (one year Grad Trasnfer which I am not normally a fan of is ok for this ... with a bonus if that person is a center as well to add more size).

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
So is Sjokund gonna reenter the portal?
In a presser after the Hawaii tournament, Pastner said that he had a discussion with Sjolund and that Pastner was willing to welcome back Sjolund under the condition that he was finished shopping around and that he would commit to the program. Since Sjolund came back, I take that to mean that Sjolund is solid at GT for next season.

\

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
He did that so quick too. Always surprised by decisions like this. He will probably start and play for a NCAA worthy team. My gut tells me he thinks we will bring someone in to play over him.