espnu replays

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
since i had it up on the screen i thought i would pass along the info for those of you who are interested.

• 7/27
    7:00 PM EDT
    Florida State vs. Georgia Tech (Football) (re-air)
    ESPNU
  • 7/28
    1:00 AM EDT
    Florida State vs. Georgia Tech (Football) (re-air)
    ESPNU
  • 7/30
    10:00 PM EDT
    Georgia Tech vs. Georgia (Football) (re-air)
    ESPNU
  • 7/31
    4:00 AM EDT
    Georgia Tech vs. Georgia (Football) (re-air)
    ESPNU
  • 8/08
    6:00 PM EDT
    #16 Georgia Tech vs. #9 Georgia (re-air)
    ESPNU
  • 8/09
    2:00 AM EDT
    #7 Mississippi State vs. #12 Georgia Tech (re-air)
    ESPNU

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I need to re-watch the UGa game to make sure Butker's kick makes it through the uprights.

And, of course, for a clinic on the dual interpretation of the difference between when the whistle blows and when forward progress is halted.

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks. I'll need to see if these are the "edited for time considerations" versions. The replays I've seen of COFH have some of our key 2nd half drives all but cut out.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
I recently rewatched the UGA game. First time I had watched the entire game since I watched it live. The fog of history was really lifted from my eyes. We were truly two yards away from being blown out of that game. If UGA doesn't fumble twice on the 1 yard line we are down 21-0 in the first half. We would not have been able to continue to run our offense the same way in the second half if they punch in those two scores.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I recently rewatched the UGA game. First time I had watched the entire game since I watched it live. The fog of history was really lifted from my eyes. We were truly two yards away from being blown out of that game. If UGA doesn't fumble twice on the 1 yard line we are down 21-0 in the first half. We would not have been able to continue to run our offense the same way in the second half if they punch in those two scores.

I felt like that some, as well, but you can't gloss over their gift TD on the JT "fumble" to start the second half. We also missed a FG in the first half. If you're going to say "we could have been down 21-0" you have to also say "we could have been up 17-7 early in the 3rd quarter."

bass ackwards

Georgia Tech Fan
Even now, that game is a tough watch for me. I'll keep watching replays of the Orange Bowl lol with a few Kick+Pick highlights for good measure.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Thanks. I'll need to see if these are the "edited for time considerations" versions. The replays I've seen of COFH have some of our key 2nd half drives all but cut out.

If their last replay of GT/UGA was any indication, these will be heavily redacted copies. Every time they cut ahead, UGA had the ball. I was pissed to say the least.

Sorry, BSPN, not matter what kind of fancy editin' you do, UGA still got whupped. Deal with it.

Thanks to the OP, for posting this.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
1. I still can't believe how lucky the mutts are. GT TD turned 99 yard "fumble" return, all because the refs forgot what forward progress was. IIRC there was a game some years before, where the refs were picking players up off the pile but still hadn't blown the whistle. Then they just let a mutt player pick the ball out of the pile and run it in for a TD. Garbage refs every year.

2. GT gonna treat UGA like a prison b**** this November. Gonna stick that high school offense where the sun don't shine.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I know we lost this FSU game but man this is a fun re-watch.

I'm watching it too lol. This is definitely my second favorite game of the season..I just loved the anticipation and hype to start the game. Then to come out the way we did I was so pumped. Great game. Too bad we lost though...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I felt like that some, as well, but you can't gloss over their gift TD on the JT "fumble" to start the second half. We also missed a FG in the first half. If you're going to say "we could have been down 21-0" you have to also say "we could have been up 17-7 early in the 3rd quarter."
Both teams received huge breaks in the game that basically evened out in a wash in the end. However, ours were the result of good play (forced fumbles), their's were a result of referee inaction (late or no whistles). The lack of a whistle on the 99 yard "fumble" return was the most glaring, but there were un-called infractions on both blocked kicks, there was the late whistle on the Smelter injury and there was the no-call on the fake field goal where Golden was tackled.