ESPN Take 2: Is the ACC's Coastal Division ahead of the Atlantic?

thwgjacket

Consensus seems to be that Clemson and FSU are the two best teams. Even though we beat Clemson last year and both those teams lose way more than we do this year.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
We can't even convince half of our posters here that we will be able to reload. Much less the nation.

Can you blame them? GT seems to reload offensively, as the total numbers don't lie and if anything, show offensive consistency. But it seems to me that in recent history a given position has picked up while another has dropped off at the same time. I think last year showed a couple of things.

1) The OL - CPJ's scheme can gain an advantage on a lot of plays if both side are even, but a strong OL in the middle to establish the BB game cannot be understated. The success of the BB game opens up the rest of the field.
2) The QB - With a good QB read and a true playmaker distributing the ball and moving the O at warp speed, even better
3) With a real threat of a successful ability to pass, better still

When all 3 facets are working, the offense is basically unstoppable. I think CPJ has now shown everyone how the model works effectively. You can't prepare for it defensively. All that talk about "a disciplined defense can beat it, blah, blah, blah." It takes some very talented players defensively to make stops, but if the offense can execute the assignments, see ya'.

I have great faith in Allen and Skov at BB. Our OL should be just as good. The AB position has always seemed to reload. And of course, JT is the 2nd coming. I think the biggest question mark is the WRs this year.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Can you blame them? GT seems to reload offensively, as the total numbers don't lie and if anything, show offensive consistency. But it seems to me that in recent history a given position has picked up while another has dropped off at the same time. I think last year showed a couple of things.

1) The OL - CPJ's scheme can gain an advantage on a lot of plays if both side are even, but a strong OL in the middle to establish the BB game cannot be understated. The success of the BB game opens up the rest of the field.
2) The QB - With a good QB read and a true playmaker distributing the ball and moving the O at warp speed, even better
3) With a real threat of a successful ability to pass, better still

When all 3 facets are working, the offense is basically unstoppable. I think CPJ has now shown everyone how the model works effectively. You can't prepare for it defensively. All that talk about "a disciplined defense can beat it, blah, blah, blah." It takes some very talented players defensively to make stops, but if the offense can execute the assignments, see ya'.

I have great faith in Allen and Skov at BB. Our OL should be just as good. The AB position has always seemed to reload. And of course, JT is the 2nd coming. I think the biggest question mark is the WRs this year.
One of the all time great replies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!