ESPN: Looking Ahead - Georgia Tech

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Not much we don't already know.

Let’s look ahead to Georgia Tech’s 2015-16 season, also known as “The Year that Brian Gregory Tries to Keep His Job.” - Myron Medcalf

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...078/looking-ahead-georgia-tech-yellow-jackets

Pretty much my take on last year:
Georgia Tech lost several heartbreakers. But if you can’t close the show in a dozen or so tight games, that’s not just bad luck. That’s a failure to show up in the final chapter. The best teams know how to finish. Gregory’s program did not last season.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
"There's no sugarcoating this thing. The program is in bad shape. Gregory is in bad shape."
"Gregory didn’t add any top 100 recruits..."
Kind of sums it up... :(

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well written though.. All fair points, but if MGH can return to the health, I think that we have pieces we didn't have last season.

We continuously melted in crunch time last season..This team has to learn how to win close games before anything else..

Let's start there as a goal for next season..

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, a few weeks ago I listened to a radio interview with Bobinsky at the end of the 2013-2014 season.

Here's MBob from 3/26/14 --

He starts talking about Basketball at about 2:45 to 3:45. Listen to what he says about the need "to close," to "finish the job," to "get it done when we need to," and to "find a way to win those 50-50 games."

If that was the priority of the basketball team going into this past year, how'd we do? On what basis do you have hope that we'll do better this year?

Here's this year:

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
We added one recruit, it's gotten ugly!!!!

it is ugly but it also is confusing---we actually could have a decent team next yr (and record) which would really mean some gnashing of teeth by BoB and the faithful.Do we clean house or try him again.?