ESPN: GT in driver's seat in Coastal

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We have to be in the preseason talk every year so that we don't have to fight so damn hard every year to get respect. If we start in the Top 20 and stay there all year, regardless of whether we win the ACCCG, we'll gain respect. Staying there makes us a legit contender. Then a single loss doesn't drop us from the ranks. We need to be able to play from a position as "favorite." We need to have confidence that we belong, and don't have to sneak up on anyone, or surprise anyone.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I can't stand articles titled like that one. How can we be in the driver's seat? The season hasn't even started. I appreciate the confidence, but the truth of the matter is that we are merely standing in the starting gate, just like all the other horses. Pre-season hype is worthless. Sorry. I don't mind the analysis and the forecast etc etc, but "Driver's Seat"? Really?
I appreciate what you are saying but let's not forget that getting into the playoff is a matter of opinion. I'll take whatever presumption we can get. Presumptions help explain that when an SEC team loses an OoC game, the SEC team had an off day and the OoC team got all the breaks. It also, unfortunately, has meant in the past that when an ACC team lost an OoC game, its because the ACC is not a 'tough' conference.

As much love as the media wants to send our way, I'll take ALL of it, put it in the bank and cash it in on December 6.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I like the idea of us being considered a front runner in the division because it helps keep us in the conversation on ESPN pre/post game shows. When we are ranked, they have a harder time ignoring our highlights or skipping over us on Gameday. I enjoy watching those shows and really hate when we get no coverage, even for our bigger games.