ESPN: ACC QB Roundup

GT ranked #11 out of 14. Hard to argue since we don't know what we have yet (similar to the other teams at the bottom).
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/72392/accs-lunch-links-qb-round-up

I see this as a similar situ as in 2011. Altho Tevin had some game experience coming in for Joshua in 2010, it was not a whole lot more than JT got last year. Tevin ripped off 6 straight against lesser foes, still impressive. Our schedule this year is manageable at the front end. Time to get adjusted, could be 4-0 leaving Hooterville-Hokieland. I personally see Justin as a notch above Tevin. That is not a knock on TW, just think Justin has a much bigger upside. Does he have an equal or better supporting cast than Tevin did in 2011? One thing is certain, he has a much better defense, should get some stops, help with field position and time of possession. 2011 was 8-5. Can't wait to see what the 2014 edition can do.

thwgjacket

Past performance is what I base my concern on. Godhigh was by far the best we had last year and he is gone. Arguments can be made that AB will be fine, but until I see it, I'll be concerned. You may be right, but we'll see. :cool:
Looking at past performance for CPJ's offense he has always had one A-Back average over 9 yards per carry. That was true at Navy, GSU and I believe Hawaii as well. The offense is set up for one AB to have crazy numbers. I posted the year to year numbers on this forum a while ago.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I'm excited to see what he'll do with our offense now being our starting QB. I'm also glad we have a guy like Byerly to back Thomas up encase he gets hurt or use them both as a duel treat.

That's one of my concerns about Thomas. His durability in taking hits.
yep
I would be VERY surprised if JT didn't miss time with injuries.Having TB may be CRITICAL.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Remind me again as to why we even bother to play the games?

the media is all about the media now...how many times do you tune into ESPN only to see the analysts talk about themselves and their experiences; what they did....lol its such a joke now. Teams on the field is like almost secondary.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Uh, I'll go ahead and argue...
Duke's breaking in a new QB (they may actually do the 2-qb thing too) and UNC is breaking in a new QB. I guess since Payton Manning likes their new QB they get ranked higher???

Honestly if this were a printed list I'd use it as TP
In UNC's defense, the QB that they're "breaking in" played a good bit of the season last year and he was one of the reasons that finished the season with that 6-1 (IIRC) run

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Uh, I'll go ahead and argue...
Duke's breaking in a new QB (they may actually do the 2-qb thing too) and UNC is breaking in a new QB. I guess since Payton Manning likes their new QB they get ranked higher???

Honestly if this were a printed list I'd use it as TP

Duke's QB is a returning starter and is on the watch list for the Maxwell award. He was injured against us but played most of the year along with Connette. Here are his stats: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/501046/anthony-boone

UNC's QB played in 12 games and started 6. UNC went 4-2 in those starts at the end of the year, hence the optimism surrounding him going into this year.