Eric, team psyche?

Sheldon's

Jolly Good Fellow
Eric, coming off of the huge win this past weekend, and receiving a tremendous amount of praise from various sides, as well as FSU being seen as villains in the general media, do you feel like the team is drinking their own Kool-Aide this week or are they focused and ready to bring the hammer for 60 minutes of hard fought football? Wondering what kind of vibe you are hearing from practice.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
This team is a special one, a group that actually wants to practice and shows up each day to get better....it really is amazing to see.

The team knows what is at stake and the chance they have in front of them...Knock off the king that is FSU, stop the streak, win the ACC, etc.

This doesn't mean they are going to win...but they aren't pulling the foot off the gas...things are fired up around here this week. Exciting to see.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
yeah I kind of expect nothing less from this group than what you've described. I just hope that mentality is one that becomes contagious once the young guys have seen the results.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I bet CPJ and the staff are having a great time coaching this team. CPJ loves winning and competing and so does this team. You know CPJ is ready to play for all the marbles, and I think this team has a lot of fight left in them. It is probably a lot of fun for the team and the coaches.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
You know I was starting to worry a bit about FSU coming in "fired up" because they were "disrespected" by the Playoff Committee and then I remembered that FSU just had 10 of their players named 1st Team All-ACC and none of our players were, and this is a continuation of the disrespect our team has had all season. The guys have been feeding off of this kind of treatment of our players and team, and I don't think the way we'll react this coming Satuday will be any different than we have been doing recently.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Next years potential team leaders.....JT, DJ White, Golden, Gotsis, Burden, PJ Davis.... Just off the top of my head. We will have good team leaders IMO

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
IMO, this is a new kind of big stage, not only national prime time TV but basically the whole college football world watching us to see if we can knock-off FSU.
In the past, we haven't done well with the spotlight on us, but as was said and I agree, this team is special and I think we have a great shot at pulling this off.
My concern ... Deandre Smelter is a HUGE loss.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
IMO, this is a new kind of big stage, not only national prime time TV but basically the whole college football world watching us to see if we can knock-off FSU.
In the past, we haven't done well with the spotlight on us, but as was said and I agree, this team is special and I think we have a great shot at pulling this off.
My concern ... Deandre Smelter is a HUGE loss.

Losing DeAndre is my fear as well....not as much because the other receivers are not good, but frankly I think there was something special between DS and JT, and I fear that JT does not have the same confidence with his other receivers, and may not throw as well to them. It is one of this intangibles that makes for great stuff when it is there, and cannot be easily replaced in one week. Not a physical thing. That is my fear.