Eric, icebreaker questions

xenoabe

Jolly Good Fellow
Reggie Ball hated them too, too much I guess. They loved him though
False. I remember being in the locker room post game one time at UGA and Reggie said something about how casually he took that game and I thought one of the other players was going to beat his face in.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
False. I remember being in the locker room post game one time at UGA and Reggie said something about how casually he took that game and I thought one of the other players was going to beat his face in.
The infamous "it's just a game, dawg" comment.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
current...I Johnson? Maybe Mason...some senior for sure.

Past - hard to single out one player...i mean so many i know can't stand em. Stimson is one. John Davis is up there...gosh this is in the 100s not 10s. Hamilton couldnt' stand em. Godsey hated em with a HUGE passion

no doubt Oleary hated more than any other past coach up until the 80s or 70s. I would say the hate is pretty freaking high on Paul Johnsons level right now...I think Paul totally hates em...but we don't see as much of it cuz he hasn't beaten like GOL did. If he does...lets say win 2 in a row...u may start seeing it.

I was in a class with Joe Anoa'i (have I mentioned that ;) ) and I remember him bristling whenever anyone even said the words "Reggie Ball." Joe also hated U(sic)ga. Went to a signing he did as his WWE persona (Roman Reigns) and got him to sign an old GT program "To Hell with Georgia. Joe Anoa'i." Is awesome...

I remember in 2009, CPJ down played the uga game. Don't think he'll make that mistake again.

He was trying to build up the importance of winning the conference championship. It was and still is a valid point. Emotions aside, the path for success for Tech has got to be the division, then win the ACCCG, and then win the Bowl or playoff game. The Georgia game is not insignificant, but for all teams affiliated with conferences, the conference hold priority. To agonize over the Georgia game is probably a waste of time these days. I don't think CPJ will get another victory against them no matter how long he stays at Tech.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I remember in 2009, CPJ down played the uga game. Don't think he'll make that mistake again.
That was the impression but CPJ knew we were wayyyy to wound up for that game so he was trying to get the players to relax and play loose. He was not subordinating the UGa game to the ACCCG.

As far as current coaches go, it has to be Ted Roof.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
current...I Johnson? Maybe Mason...some senior for sure.

Past - hard to single out one player...i mean so many i know can't stand em. Stimson is one. John Davis is up there...gosh this is in the 100s not 10s. Hamilton couldnt' stand em. Godsey hated em with a HUGE passion

no doubt Oleary hated more than any other past coach up until the 80s or 70s. I would say the hate is pretty freaking high on Paul Johnsons level right now...I think Paul totally hates em...but we don't see as much of it cuz he hasn't beaten like GOL did. If he does...lets say win 2 in a row...u may start seeing it.

I completely agree on John Davis. He baited them daily for years.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope the team gets the UGA hate. I hope they get it deep in their skin, and take it out on UGA. No more blowing a 20-0 lead. That was literally the worst day of 2013 for me.