Emmanuel Johnson has Entered the Portal

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I think there was some rumors he was going to during the season last year. Injuries happened and he got some playing time. Hate to see this as I think he has some serious upside and has a solid family. His dad and I have spoken a couple times and I'm a huge fan of this young man. I hope he finds a path to great success.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
HIs dad has complained on twitter during the season that his son hasn't gotten much PT and will transfer. That was strange to me since he was a true freshman, but oh well.

It was after one of the games where we gave up a ton of points: Clemson, maybe. I don't remember. He may also not have been happy with moving from DE to DT.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Good luck to him. The plan was to always develop him into a DT...looks like father and son had other plans.

If I remember correctly, EJ wasn't that highly recruited. Will be interesting to see where he lands. One of those situations where you hope the young man's impatience doesn't bite him in the rear in the transfer portal.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Good luck to him. The plan was to always develop him into a DT...looks like father and son had other plans.

If I remember correctly, EJ wasn't that highly recruited. Will be interesting to see where he lands. One of those situations where you hope the young man's impatience doesn't bite him in the rear in the transfer portal.

Saw a tweet a while back basically saying there are more guys in the portal than there are spots at schools. Hope it works out for EJ.

bos

Helluva Engineer
Saw a tweet a while back basically saying there are more guys in the portal than there are spots at schools. Hope it works out for EJ.

I hope it works out for EJ, but it's not looking good for him. He was a 2* recruit but at Tech, he was getting snaps and was ATL as a true freshman. He won't get a lot of attention in the portal. He will likely land at the FCS level.

Deleted member 2897

We may have been his only real offer. Without having much playing time to show himself off, I’m not sure how he lands somewhere. It could be however that he wants to just move back closer to home to a small program like Charleston Southern or something.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why we are assuming this is 100% EJs decision. He may of been told he will have a tough hill to climb to see the field by our coaches. Big boy football does mean we process guys. He would of been one of the go to kids to process from last years class being he was a lower rated guy.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why we are assuming this is 100% EJs decision. He may of been told he will have a tough hill to climb to see the field by our coaches. Big boy football does mean we process guys. He would of been one of the go to kids to process from last years class being he was a lower rated guy.

I get what you're saying but he was a hand picked marco coleman guy. I think he's making a knee jerk call but time will tell.

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
I’d be surprised if we’re pushing guys to move on after being here for only several months. Processing is usually for dudes that have been somewhere 2-3 years and it’s clear they aren’t going to be a contributor.