Elon getting ready to play GT

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The reason I have the game so high is that our defense is going to score some points.

And for the first time in awhile all 3 QB's on our roster are really good. We have so many backs that can take it to the house as well. Its going to be overwhelming to that squad.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Cumberland College will be simulcasting this game on their stadium jumbotron. Their long nightmare will be over. 277-0

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Why am I having flashbacks of watching the movie Rocky and Apollo Creed is watching Rocky pound the tar and piss out of frozen beef and thinking "Meh...."

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Why am I having flashbacks of watching the movie Rocky and Apollo Creed is watching Rocky pound the tar and piss out of frozen beef and thinking "Meh...."
I agree with you dcs. Those guys look like they can play and put up a fight. If they know what they're doing in defending the option, we could have a fight on our hands.

DenverJacket56

Georgia Tech Fan
These guys will be ready for our offense but not our size. They play GA Southern every year and actually played a close game last year. We win this without a doubt, but this is a great warm up for the defense. 66-13. CPJ will have the second team in all of the 4th qtr.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
These guys will be ready for our offense but not our size. They play GA Southern every year and actually played a close game last year. We win this without a doubt, but this is a great warm up for the defense. 66-13. CPJ will have the second team in all of the 4th qtr.

I agree with you with one exception: if our 2nd string only plays the 4th quarter, I think we're in trouble for the rest of the year.

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Hopefully we pass a lot in this game to get our QB and receivers (A-backs, b-backs, and espceially the WRs) in-sync and to have them gain some confidence. I'm sure we will be able to win, just want to make sure some of the new guys get some game experience (i.e. Smelter, Henry).

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think we would score 40 with nothing but 2nd string guys for the whole game.

I have very little respect for their program and we have more depth than we ever have had IMO if we don't have too many injured.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Wake Forrest has always given our offense more trouble than some of the more talented teams we play. If a team has players who will fight and they have a good game plan for defending the option, they can give us trouble. Duke has also played us tough in the past. BYU isn't full of 1st rounders, but stopped us better than any other team since CPJ has been here.

Hopefully we can come out and impose our will on them and there will be nothing they can do about it. Hitting some big pass plays would normally be something I would expect, but with our WR core being so green and questionable, I'm not as confident in that either. I don't think they can stop us, but it's possible they could hold us to say 25-35 points as opposed to 50+.