- Summers played very well

- Harrison Butker has a leg on him

- PJ Davis isn't afraid to hit
- Justin Thomas is fast, very fast

- Sims ran hard

- Laskey played good as well

- Defense played hard

- Louis Young had some struggles

- Jemea Thomas got hurt during the game...hope it was just cramps.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Eric, it appears we watched the same game LOL I'm sure there will be some adverse commentary, though. There always seems to be some fans who refuse to acknowledge the good and prefer to focus on the negative.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Looked very good. I was surprised at how effective Vad ran the option for the first game. Justin is faster than I thought. Pleased with how we look

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
That's good.

I was sitting about seven rows behind the 50 yard line and they spent awhile working on him.

Looks like we did good on injury front today.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Vad's pass to Sims for the TD might have been his best as he had a man right in his face and had to adjust his throw. Sims made a good adjustment to the ball and the rest was, as they say, history!

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The defense had great communication. I saw guys talking, listening, and moving in unison before the snap.

There were some issues with the CBs getting ready when Elon was on the hurry up offense.

We did give up some advantage when the CB were in press coverage making defending the long ball difficult.

mqpayne

Jolly Good Fellow
Did Smelter play. Whatever happened to Marcus Allen. He was a beast down here on the Ga-Fla line. And Shawn Green?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Smelter played a good bit.

Shawn Green was out injuried.

Marcus Allen is also nicked up.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The thing that stands out for me with Summers is that he adjusts to the ball very well, probably better than anyone we've had since BayBay, and then catches with his hands. He's gonna be great for us. If Waller was beating him in practice then we're gonna be in good shape.

Corey Dennis' downfield blocking (ahead of Sim's reception TD?) was very good.

Smelter played, but I didn't see anything that jumped out at me good or bad.

While CPJ complained about our pass-blocking in the post-game presser, I still think it was better today than it often was in past years.

Our D shut them out without seemingly doing much more than vanilla. Davis did fine, and he hits like a truck, as a back-up LB. But, he is a bit of a drop off from Quayshawn, especially in coverage.

I'm glad CP got his touchdown, and his kick-off (punt?) coverage was great!

This game was about as good as I could hope. We still need to improve when our starters leave the field on D, but they didn't give up the huge play or a score.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
The thing that stands out for me with Summers is that he adjusts to the ball very well, probably better than anyone we've had since BayBay, and then catches with his hands. He's gonna be great for us. If Waller was beating him in practice then we're gonna be in good shape.

Corey Dennis' downfield blocking (ahead of Sim's reception TD?) was very good.

Smelter played, but I didn't see anything that jumped out at me good or bad.

While CPJ complained about our pass-blocking in the post-game presser, I still think it was better today than it often was in past years.

It looked like our LT kept getting beat.
But Vad adjusted to the rush and managed to get some good throws.
With such an inferior opponent, I have no idea how good we are.. But putting 70 up on anyone is damn good.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Vad's pass to Sims for the TD might have been his best as he had a man right in his face and had to adjust his throw. Sims made a good adjustment to the ball and the rest was, as they say, history!
Very similar to the TD pass in the sun bowl at the goal line. Sims ran past his blocking assignment and 6 pts