Edge Renovation

JacketFan137

Banned
Dog what are you even talking about? Why is Miami even relevant at all? The current Edge building is outdated by a couple of decades. It’s literally the soul of GT’s entire athletic department. If you had ever actually been in there you would know, but like many here you have no clue. Most high schools in the Atlanta area probably have nicer training rooms and equipment. The space is cramped, equipment is not only old but also sparse. The weight room doesn’t even have complete sets of dumbbells. The dumbbells are weighted in 15lb increments and you have to put a magnet on them if you want to dial a weight in that’s less than 15lbs heavier. Literally every commercial gym in the country has sets of dumbbells from 10-100 in 5lb increments, yet the Georgia Institute of Technology doesn’t. Not to mention that all 14 of our athletic teams use the same weight room, and have to schedule their workouts around each other. Only baseball and basketball have their own auxiliary weight rooms separate from the one in Edge. The study hall and tutoring rooms, as well as advisors’ offices are also very old. The interior of the building screams 1980s, which wouldn’t be a bad thing if it didn’t feel like it was going to fall apart at any second.

I literally don’t know how somebody can look at this incredible renovation and upgrade to all of GT athletics and think, “this sucks. We should’ve done something else.” WTFFFFF is wrong with this godforsaken fanbase. This board ain’t even fun to be on anymore. The money for this project has been raised for nearly a year, and there has been enough money promised for completion for about 2 years now, and it’s just now been approved by the BOR. Blame and be mad at the dwags and morons in the GA BOR if you want to be mad at something.

Y’all complain about recruiting in every sport, well here’s a huge step forward that will help in recruiting yet you’re taking a dump on it. We aren’t going to outbid anyone on NIL for players. Especially not when our facilities are dog s**t compared to the competition. Getting mad that we aren’t spending the money to buyout Collins or Pastner, or to buy players is stupid. This facility upgrade will help every coach in every sport recruit. Whether that’s CGC and CJP, or some other f**kers we don’t know yet. You say Miami’s facilities were bad, well their major renovations were completed in 2015. By the time the new Edge will be completed will probably be 2025, and a building that’s already outdated by decades will be another decade late to the party. But sure. Let’s just ignore it and hope it gets better, right? Let’s talk about how much CGC sucks some more, right? Because nothing positive can ever happen at GT while he’s here, right? Nobody can enjoy themselves as long as he’s here, right?
we have a significant portion of the user base on this board that won’t let themselves see anything remotely positive about the program until collins is no longer part of it. the negativity is honestly astounding and i wish they put that same energy into supporting the team rather than tearing it down

slugboy

Staff member
Yup and that was the crux of my original point. It would seem wiser to campaign to fix our finances rather than campaigning to address a lower priority item. We are, hopefully, not incurring more debt, but we are spending time and resources with the AI initiative, that could be used to campaign to shore up the AA financials instead.
We do campaign to build our AT fund, constantly. It’s just not as sexy a campaign as a capital AI 2020 campaign. I'm not saying the AA isn't trying to do it--I'm saying it's harder.

IPTAY is the only thing I can think of that was nearly as effective for raising operating expenses as capital campaigns are at other schools.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
we have a significant portion of the user base on this board that won’t let themselves see anything remotely positive about the program until collins is no longer part of it. the negativity is honestly astounding and i wish they put that same energy into supporting the team rather than tearing it down
Preach it! Anyone can *****, it takes a real fan to see the positive view!

WhatsTheGoodWord

Georgia Tech Fan
I want the principles of a timeless muse
I want to eradicate my negative views
And get rid of those people who are always on a down
It's easy enough to tell what is wrong
But that's not what I want to hear all night long
Some people are like human tuinals

Lou Reed, "New Sensations"

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
We do campaign to build our AT fund, constantly. It’s just not as sexy a campaign as a capital AI 2020 campaign. I'm not saying the AA isn't trying to do it--I'm saying it's harder.

IPTAY is the only thing I can think of that was nearly as effective for raising operating expenses as capital campaigns are at other schools.
Indeed

JacketFan137

Banned
It Would be a little crazy to tear down something that were still paying for
also what’s the logic behind tearing it down? it’s already there and while people don’t fill it up i’m guessing we make some money off of it. tearing it down does nothing but satisfy an angry mob that probably won’t be happy about anything we do anyway lol

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
At the Duke Temple game last night. Not well attended but the Duke stadium has seats with backs and arm rests on both sidelines from end zone to end zone. Our stadium is way behind on fan comfort. Even with that they can't get 50% attendance unless they play UNC or NCSU.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
At the Duke Temple game last night. Not well attended but the Duke stadium has seats with backs and arm rests on both sidelines from end zone to end zone. Our stadium is way behind on fan comfort. Even with that they can't get 50% attendance unless they play UNC or NCSU.

I don’t take it you’re a salesperson in your professional life. This reads like a complete waste of investment.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow

Lol "fan comfort"

Obviously not what brings people to a football game

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
You can also get Stinger seats. which ensures you get your full width seat, and is comparable to a seat with arms

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
You can also get Stinger seats. which ensures you get your full width seat, and is comparable to a seat with arms
I had them when I had season tickets. They were smaller, a lot less comfortable and no arm rest. The only thing they did was preserve my space.