Eddie Lee Ivery

JacysDad

Georgia Tech Fan
Greetings all. I live in Atlanta and enjoy GA Tech sports. My favorite game was the upset of Auburn at Grant Field some time in the early 90s. Auburn had been pre-season #1. I still remember the students tearing down a goal post and carrying it out of the stadium. I am writing a biography of Eddie Lee Ivery, and I could use some help. If you have contacts of players from that era or fans who remember watching Eddie Lee play, I would appreciate help contacting them.

Here is a question for old-timers. I had a good interview with Scott Woerner (UGA defensive back) about the exciting 1978 UGA/Tech game, and he told me about the punt he caught and Tech was penalized for fair catch interference. He was knocked pretty woozy. I have watched that game on YouTube, and I can't tell who it was who tackled Woerner on that play. It's not clear that the ref made the correct call because it was very close, but that's the way they called it. Anybody have any idea who it was who made that tackle for Tech on that punt? The player's numbers are not visible. Thanks if you can help or if you know someone who might be able to help figure that out.

FYI the book will be published by Mercer Univ. Press and (if I meet the deadline) will appear Fall 2023. All the best to all of you.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
So a guy is writing a biography about somebody he knows nothing about and is depending on the kindness of football bllogs to give him something? Message to Eddie Lee: Run AWAY !!!

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Greetings all. I live in Atlanta and enjoy GA Tech sports. My favorite game was the upset of Auburn at Grant Field some time in the early 90s. Auburn had been pre-season #1. I still remember the students tearing down a goal post and carrying it out of the stadium. I am writing a biography of Eddie Lee Ivery, and I could use some help. If you have contacts of players from that era or fans who remember watching Eddie Lee play, I would appreciate help contacting them.

Here is a question for old-timers. I had a good interview with Scott Woerner (UGA defensive back) about the exciting 1978 UGA/Tech game, and he told me about the punt he caught and Tech was penalized for fair catch interference. He was knocked pretty woozy. I have watched that game on YouTube, and I can't tell who it was who tackled Woerner on that play. It's not clear that the ref made the correct call because it was very close, but that's the way they called it. Anybody have any idea who it was who made that tackle for Tech on that punt? The player's numbers are not visible. Thanks if you can help or if you know someone who might be able to help figure that out.

FYI the book will be published by Mercer Univ. Press and (if I meet the deadline) will appear Fall 2023. All the best to all of you.
You could start by asking Woerner how much the bounty for knocking ELI out of the '78 game was. That game was the beginning for the end for Pepper.