Dwyer Arrested?

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Be careful with your righteous indignation. No one knows who the victim is yet. On the surface all the evidence points in one direction, but you don't know the whole story. Time is going to bring out both sides of this story. Instead of condemning someone, try to understand what they're saying and their perspective. I believe @Animal02 has from the beginning said not to rush to judgement. The thread comments need to be taken in toto, not as isolated comments.
Police report actually had both sides of the story and also the other witnesses' side. The problem is that the details are not there.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It had to do with his smarmy comment just above. Do you need me to add quotes or are you capable of scanning up on your own this time?

........oh yeah....BUMP

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Not a good way to end your NFL career. Come to think of it, he didn't start out to well either. hate that the majority of the time his name was mentioned it was negative but ANYONE who mistreats or abuses their child is an ignorant sob. Some people just do not realize how precious their children are. I don't know the whole story and I understand the media can sometimes embellish a story but if these are facts (especially throwing a f@#$^^& shoe at a child), then he needs a little state rehabilitation. Not downplaying the wife beating because that's bad enough but the child thing just irks me

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Not a good way to end your NFL career. Come to think of it, he didn't start out to well either. hate that the majority of the time his name was mentioned it was negative but ANYONE who mistreats or abuses their child is an ignorant sob. Some people just do not realize how precious their children are. I don't know the whole story and I understand the media can sometimes embellish a story but if these are facts (especially throwing a f@#$^^& shoe at a child), then he needs a little state rehabilitation. Not downplaying the wife beating because that's bad enough but the child thing just irks me

Please don't be ignorant. A shoe he threw hit his child. An arrest warrant is written to get approved not to be a fair finding of facts.

Again, I'm not saying it didn't happen but reacting as if it's proven is unfair.

To be clear, my reference to being "ignorant" is not a personal attack but a narrow response to this particular comment on this particular issue.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree with Charles Barkley. Thirty or more years ago, spanking, wooping, switching was normal. I had to go outside to get a switch too many times to count growing up. Now that I am a parent, I understand when my parents told me it was going to hurt them more than me.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with Charles Barkley. Thirty or more years ago, spanking, wooping, switching was normal. I had to go outside to get a switch too many times to count growing up. Now that I am a parent, I understand when my parents told me it was going to hurt them more than me.
That's Peterson's situation, not Dwyer's.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Please don't be ignorant. A shoe he threw hit his child. An arrest warrant is written to get approved not to be a fair finding of facts.

Again, I'm not saying it didn't happen but reacting as if it's proven is unfair.

To be clear, my reference to being "ignorant" is not a personal attack but a narrow response to this particular comment on this particular issue.
Ignorant???? If that was not a personal attack, then you could have chosen your words more carefully. I typed a whole response blasting you but deleted it deciding not to open a can of worms. I said "I don't know the whole story..... and if these are facts". IF! IF! I SAID IF! i jumped at the opportunity to take my frustrations out on someone who has not had their day in court. But IF!!!!!!! He hit his kid with a shoe, regardless of it was an "accident" or not, then I stand by my statement. Not many people know the pain of losing a child and I see every single day, people take their kids for granted. Whenever I see a child involved in a domestic dispute, it makes my blood boil and I will not apologized for that

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Ignorant???? If that was not a personal attack, then you could have chosen your words more carefully. I typed a whole response blasting you but deleted it deciding not to open a can of worms. I said "I don't know the whole story..... and if these are facts". IF! IF! I SAID IF! i jumped at the opportunity to take my frustrations out on someone who has not had their day in court. But IF!!!!!!! He hit his kid with a shoe, regardless of it was an "accident" or not, then I stand by my statement. Not many people know the pain of losing a child and I see every single day, people take their kids for granted. Whenever I see a child involved in a domestic dispute, it makes my blood boil and I will not apologized for that

Your post assumed something negative to be true about someone else. Just because something is horrible doesn't give us permission to assume that everyone charged is guilty.

I'm sorry you feel differently.

Let me try a different way of expressing myself. And, again, don't take it personally. You may be reacting so strongly because of your own experience of abusing kids. If, if, this is true then you should be more patient. Now, your IF sounded like that to me. Jon Dwyer is no less human than you. You can be patient. If guilty, he'll get his rightly.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
My own experience? Dude you don't know nothing about me so don't assume nothing either. I am not a part of the judicial system so I can judge who I want, when I want and there's nothing you can do about it but keep hitting then little keys on your board. I have no experience with any kind of child abuse so you better be careful where you go with that one. I am only speaking of having lost a child and seeing other people not appreciate the little ones of this world no matter how small it may seem to you

Animal02

Banned

Not to mention how each "incident" could be spun to support a civil case.......been there done that. There are always to sides to a story......as others (and I) have said.....everyone needs to wait for all the evidence to be produced.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Well, the article says there was no indictment brought forth on any of the charges related to the son. The presumption would be there wasn't enough evidence for the grand jury to true bill or the DA didn't believe there was enough evidence to present the charges.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
My own experience? Dude you don't know nothing about me so don't assume nothing either. I am not a part of the judicial system so I can judge who I want, when I want and there's nothing you can do about it but keep hitting then little keys on your board. I have no experience with any kind of child abuse so you better be careful where you go with that one. I am only speaking of having lost a child and seeing other people not appreciate the little ones of this world no matter how small it may seem to you
My point exactly. It is wrong to assume horrible things are true about someone you don't know, even if you say IF.