Dwyer Arrested?

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo · 9m
Phoenix PD confirms Jonathan Dwyer arrested on charges of domestic violence and aggravated assault for two incidents in July.
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo · 7m
Release from Phoenix PD lists 2 victims - a 27-yo female and an 18-mo old child. One of the counts is aggravated assault involving a minor.
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo · 4m
Police say Dwyer admitted to incidents but has denied the physical assaults. Meanwhile, the Cardinals have announced Dwyer is deactivated.

Animal02

Banned
Reminds me of the witch hunts for child day care workers / rapists. cult thing from years ago. This also hits home personally, having been falsely accused during a divorce...........saving pictures and bringing them out five years later......

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The details being reported are really really ugly, as bad if not worse than the switching incident. Apparently there was a lag from the time it was first reported until the time it became public. The NFL is in serious trouble right now. Every other industrialized nation knows how to protect innocent children but we just go into internal combustion mode trying to decide what to do while generations of kids become brutalized.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Dang, this is unbelievable. I went to high school with Dwyer at Kell, I was a freshman when he was a senior. Guy came from a super nice family, I had Latin with his younger brother and he looked up to his brother a ton. Respectful, good kids. Surprised to hear this news. Hope it's not true, but I can't stand behind him if it is.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Just saw ESPN cover this story. Im not JUST getting irritated by these stories, because a former tech player was involved... But its getting a little out of hand. If it didnt matter years ago... Why bring it out now?? There should be a limitation on how long you can wait to report incidents other than murder/rape. If JD did these things... then so be it. I just have a feeling people are fixing to come out of the woodworks accusing folks left and right.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The details being reported are really really ugly, as bad if not worse than the switching incident. Apparently there was a lag from the time it was first reported until the time it became public. The NFL is in serious trouble right now. Every other industrialized nation knows how to protect innocent children but we just go into internal combustion mode trying to decide what to do while generations of kids become brutalized.
Wasn't reported until September 11th so it hasn't been much time. Maybe I'm just wearing gold colored glasses but I'm very skeptical with the details of this. FWIW I've been skeptical of quite a few of these other incidents too. Problem with cases like this is a lot of the time there's more to it than what it appears to be. I just don't like accusing anyone without concrete evidence.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Just saw ESPN cover this story. Im not JUST getting irritated by these stories, because a former tech player was involved... But its getting a little out of hand. If it didnt matter years ago... Why bring it out now?? There should be a limitation on how long you can wait to report incidents other than murder/rape. If JD did these things... then so be it. I just have a feeling people are fixing to come out of the woodworks accusing folks left and right.
It allegedly happened in July. Sometimes the victims need encouragement to come forward. It happens a lot in cases like this.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It allegedly happened in July. Sometimes the victims need encouragement to come forward. It happens a lot in cases like this.

I actually disagree with this sentiment. It can certainly happen but is definitely not the norm. The delay in reporting makes it harder to get a conviction typically.
Not many details yet. I'm guessing his text messages to her must have been pretty damning. We will see I suppose.
Here is one oddity. Reuters says both incidents were reported by neighbors who heard the fights. And that police responded to both. If she had visible injuries and had alleged any violence then; the police would almost certainly have charged him then. The fact that this did not occur makes me suspect she denied physical violence initially.
And of course this is all from the media so no telling how accurate the info is.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Almost everything he posts on twitter and Instagram is around his son and how much he loves him. And every one who meets him says he is the nicest guy. I read somewhere that his wife had recently left him and is just now bringing up these details. I am GT biased but I really hope there is more to this story, and in a good way.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Almost everything he posts on twitter and Instagram is around his son and how much he loves him. And every one who meets him says he is the nicest guy. I read somewhere that his wife had recently left him and is just now bringing up these details. I am GT biased but I really hope there is more to this story, and in a good way.
"Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know."

Everybody has a dark side that has to be surpressed from time to time. Some are better than others at doing it.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
I actually disagree with this sentiment. It can certainly happen but is definitely not the norm. The delay in reporting makes it harder to get a conviction typically.
Not many details yet. I'm guessing his text messages to her must have been pretty damning. We will see I suppose.
Here is one oddity. Reuters says both incidents were reported by neighbors who heard the fights. And that police responded to both. If she had visible injuries and had alleged any violence then; the police would almost certainly have charged him then. The fact that this did not occur makes me suspect she denied physical violence initially.
And of course this is all from the media so no telling how accurate the info is.
Look at the PDF with its sources:

http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pub/ipv_factsheet.html

It states that many victims do not report. Because of fear, helplessness, etc.

Of course, that's in general, probably not best to say that's what happened in this case without the details. I just mentioned it as a possible explanation for why it could be reported late.