Duplicate Numbers

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
USCe did some trickeration a few years back with their wildcat QB, who was a regular in the secondary. The full-time QB also wore the same jersey number. I can't remember the other player's name, but I think the QB was Stephen Garcia.

Edit - the other player was Stephon Gilmore. both wore #5.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I’m sure none of our coaches have ever thought of that :rolleyes:

Oh no doubt they have taken all these things into consideration, but man it’s the offseason and there is nothing of any real substance to discuss. At least this one is talking about the team and upcoming season instead of another old/new coaches pissing match or uniform/color debate!
I’ll be honest, I was surprised how many versatile athletes are wearing duplicate numbers with the way the staff has repeatedly talked about positional flexibility. You can trust that they have a plan and still bring it up for discussion.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Oh no doubt they have taken all these things into consideration, but man it’s the offseason and there is nothing of any real substance to discuss. At least this one is talking about the team and upcoming season instead of another old/new coaches pissing match or uniform/color debate!
I’ll be honest, I was surprised how many versatile athletes are wearing duplicate numbers with the way the staff has repeatedly talked about positional flexibility. You can trust that they have a plan and still bring it up for discussion.

You’re right. I actually regretted my post but by the time I figured that out it was too late for me to edit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
That's my only concern. I would think those two would be on hands team together. Maybe even hail mary defense.

I’m sure they have a spare jersey in another number that any duplicates can switch to if they’re needed for a special play (as discussed above, it’s happened against us before so I don’t think it’s an issue).