Duke

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Jackets score with the help of 2 infield hits and a passed ball! Duke's pitcher is pitching lights out. How vital will that run be? Grimes pitched 6 giving up 4 hits. Good job by him.. Go Jackets!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You know, ESECPN3 ain't too bad :ROFLMAO:

I really like WREK announcers. They are doing a very good job and getting good interviews before and after the game. Plus there is the home field bias.

We turned 3 DPs today - now 41 for the year and lead the ACC. No errors today. Only 2 errors in the series, both yesterday. Great pitching again. Really quick game, I missed most of it doing yard work since I figured it would be another 3 hour one! Wish all the games were this fast (and we win of course).

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I really like WREK announcers. They are doing a very good job and getting good interviews before and after the game. Plus there is the home field bias.

We turned 3 DPs today - now 41 for the year and lead the ACC. No errors today. Only 2 errors in the series, both yesterday. Great pitching again. Really quick game, I missed most of it doing yard work since I figured it would be another 3 hour one! Wish all the games were this fast (and we win of course).

LOL! Same here except I got the yard done earlier. Came in and caught the last couple of innings.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
bee02x037.jpg

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
We have life again.

Next weekend will be a huge challenge with #1 ranked FSU coming to town. We really need to avoid being swept.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
We are currently in third place in our division with 4 wins in a roll going into the Southern and Savannah games @ The Rusty C before the weekend against F$U, again @ The Rusty C.

F$U plays rival Florida which ended in a brawl:blackeye: between the two when they last played. Maybe they can brawl:blackeye: again with the suspension of more players missing our series :smuggrin:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The season for us is really the next 3 weekends. We host FSU (#2 RPI, #3 ISR), then go on the road against Maryland (#10 RPI, #30 ISR)and N C State (#42 RPI, #52 ISR). (Maryland and N C State have played very challenging schedules so far.)

We are currently ranked #56 in the RPI and #73 in the ISR.

After we play Virginia Tech at home, we then finish with Virginia on the road (#11 RPI, #11 ISR).

That is a VERY challenging schedule, and we MUST go at least 7-8 to have a shot at the ACC Tournament, imho (that would make us 15-15 overall in conference play).

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
The season for us is really the next 3 weekends. We host FSU (#2 RPI, #3 ISR), then go on the road against Maryland (#10 RPI, #30 ISR)and N C State (#42 RPI, #52 ISR). (Maryland and N C State have played very challenging schedules so far.)

We are currently ranked #56 in the RPI and #73 in the ISR.

After we play Virginia Tech at home, we then finish with Virginia on the road (#11 RPI, #11 ISR).

That is a VERY challenging schedule, and we MUST go at least 7-8 to have a shot at the ACC Tournament, imho (that would make us 15-15 overall in conference play).

I agree, the rest of the season will be make or break us as far as making it to any tournament. We also have to play Uga @ The Rusty C. with hopes of paying them back from the last game, and finishing a 3 game series with South Florida (which was a fill in game)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
MD is #10?? They are 6-8 in ACC and 19-10 overall. They have lost 2 each to some good teams (FSU, Fl, Clemson). But then lsot 2 each to UNC and Wake this last week. But I checked and they are that high #13 by Boyds. http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/currentrpi.html Shows you what I know.

If we play as well as we have the last month, we make the ACC tourney easily and probably in the top 6-8. It's good that we have good team to play - it will help us show that we deserve a decent seed and get practice for the NCAAs. GT seems to do better in the hard games ........ This team deserves credit for what they have done. Yesterday's game was a masterpiece given the pitcher we faced. (Dude has a .84 ERA for the year.)

We are playing real baseball now - great fielding, good and consistent pitching with depth, reasonable hitting percentages (but not power) and speed on the base pads. The hit on the team the last few years was that we had great power that dried up come tourney time. So I am optimistic.

(PS GT Sports are just good enough to break your heart.)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
LOL, your last line is so SO true.

I will admit that with good pitching and defense, you go into any game thinking a win is possible. However, I am not sure yet about this team, other than they have proven to be resilient and never-say-die...which is a great sign. I don't see one ace on the staff that can get us a win in a clutch game in a regional or super-regional, but Matt Grimes is sure acting like he could be that guy if he keeps pitching well.

Maryland has played a very tough schedule and my personal projection is that they will finish in the top 6 in the league, as their last 5 series are against the weakest teams in the conference (@VT, GT, @BC, ND, @Pitt)