Duke opens as 6.5 pt favorite

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If UNCheat doesn't win Thursday night it'll take something just short of a miracle for WF to beat the Blue Devils. Regardless, I'm hoping our team is mastering plans to put a whoopin' on UGA on the 29th.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I think its got to be UNC this week or not.
Watching the end of the VT/Duke game Saturday, did anyone else hear the gay "Lets Go Duke" cheer they do in basketball ?
Cameron Crazies = Wallace Wade Wackos ... gave me the chills (in a bad way).
GO UNC !!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I think its got to be UNC this week or not.
Watching the end of the VT/Duke game Saturday, did anyone else hear the gay "Lets Go Duke" cheer they do in basketball ?
Cameron Crazies = Wallace Wade Wackos ... gave me the chills (in a bad way).
GO UNC !!

The UNC fans should start shouting, "Air Ball, Air Ball, Air Ball ..." every time the Duke kicker comes onto the field.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
ESPN would rather have GT/FSU, but ACC would of course want FSU to win the game, and they probably are concerned if GT ruins the party....

With that said, I sure hope no funny business could happen....conspiracy theories abound if the refs give UNC the business Thursday night, but that would mean the Swafford's alma mater would get the shaft, so hopefully not.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Im really afraid of the funny business happening. The ACC doesnt want GT to play FSU in the ACCCG. There is a chance that could knock the ACC out of the playoff. DUKE is NO match to FSU... None at all. I just have a bad feeling that with the way FSU has been playing lately... the ACC wont want to take a chance at having GT beat them in the finale. I hope that doesnt occur... but its ALWAYS about the money.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I heard an uncomfirmed rumor today that a very confused Dickie V will be calling the game this Thursday night. They inadvertantly left the word "basketball" out of that clause in his contract where it stipulates that he covers every big Duke-UNC game. Maybe they just thought it wasn't necessary. Will be great to find out who the diaper dandies are in each of their football programs.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Jamison Crowder baby. He's got those hops ... goes up and grabs the ball like Christian Laetner.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
If you dont believe some of the conspiracy theories. You have to be a little naive. Nobody tells the truth 100% of the time and what you believe to be truth isnt always what it seems.
Agree. Many conspiracy theories, that were laughed at, have proven to be true.

slugboy

Staff member
ACC would rather have GT/FSU in the champ than Duke again. They know it, the media wants it (predicting that will be the toughest game for FSU); GT/FSU on a national scale is REALLY attractive

Lets see what happens.
A GT/F$U ACCCG is really attractive for CFB fans. The corporate masters of the ACC? Probably not.

A GT/F$U ACCGC could eliminate the ACC from the Final 4 with a GT win which everyone has to acknowledge is more likely than a Fluke win over F$U given what has happened in the last four weeks. The loss of money and prestige going into the new playoff format is not something that I think the ACC would want to risk for slightly higher TV ratings/ticket sales for the ACCCG.

The media (read eSECpn) would like GT/F$U because with that GT win it becomes more likely that another SEC team gets a chance at the Final 4. As a big plus it gives them another chance to :poop: all over the ACC for another 12 months if the ACC is left out of the Final 4.

I know that as a GT fan and a CFB fan, I want GT/F$U. It should be a better game all around. I hope we get it.

Thankfully the UNCheat & Fluke players are really the only people that can determine the outcome.

I've been half expecting the ACC refs to favor Duke just to make sure that FSU has the best chance to win. A 2-loss ACC Champ isn't making the playoffs unless there are hardly any one-loss teams left.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
A GT/F$U ACCCG is really attractive for CFB fans. The corporate masters of the ACC? Probably not.

A GT/F$U ACCGC could eliminate the ACC from the Final 4 with a GT win which everyone has to acknowledge is more likely than a Fluke win over F$U given what has happened in the last four weeks. The loss of money and prestige going into the new playoff format is not something that I think the ACC would want to risk for slightly higher TV ratings/ticket sales for the ACCCG.

The media (read eSECpn) would like GT/F$U because with that GT win it becomes more likely that another SEC team gets a chance at the Final 4. As a big plus it gives them another chance to :poop: all over the ACC for another 12 months if the ACC is left out of the Final 4.

I know that as a GT fan and a CFB fan, I want GT/F$U. It should be a better game all around. I hope we get it.

Thankfully the UNCheat & Fluke players are really the only people that can determine the outcome.

maybe, as a conference, I would want the most high profile games period. In the ACC mind, fsu will win in either case but giving a conf credibility is important for the future....and a solid GT/FSU matchup helps that....especially if GT beats UGA.

you can't become a tough and respected conf by constantly having cupcake games....and thats what we have in the perception of the world today. Its also why the SEC is so loved....