Duke @ GT 1.28 GameThread

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Trying a new title for the thread to shake off the bad juju, let’s go get that win Jackets!

Duke is 1-4 in conference road games, and is missing a major contributor from their backcourt in Whitehead.

Tip off at 3 PM EST.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
This is the kind of game that can energize the fanbase a little and convert some of the more casual fans who show up just for the Duke brand. The students should be amped on brand alone - this one has always meant a little more to everybody. If you win and it's fun to be there, there's a chance that hundreds of students/fans decide this shouldn't be the only game they attend every other season.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
If we can keep them from playing volleyball on the offensive boards we have a small chance. Obviously we have to get and make shots But Duke has just out athleted folks this year

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Out of town and from TV... Recording and will emerse myself in the glory of a GT victory when I get back home... (Or fast forward through misery and erase the game)

MaverickGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Out of town and from TV... Recording and will emerse myself in the glory of a GT victory when I get back home... (Or fast forward through misery and erase the game)
Go ahead and erase it, flush it down the toilet like the rest of the season

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
We might be the worst screen setting team in the NCAA. Anybody remember the last time we actually created space using a pick? It’s like they don’t even try to set them.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
We might be the worst screen setting team in the NCAA. Anybody remember the last time we actually created space using a pick? It’s like they don’t even try to set them.
I don't believe it's a part of our offense. (At least, judging by the eye test, it's not a part of it...)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I just watched 4 minutes awful basketball. It was preceded by 16 minutes of bad basketball. The difference between us and Duke right now is hard to comprehend. And this is not a good Duke team. Ugh!